Server Suggestion M1911A1 combat sights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: M1911A1 combat sights
Suggestion Description: Add combat style “white dot” iron sights to the M1911A1 pistol.

Currently the M1911A1 is less favourable over certain other pistols, partially due to its iron sights. The HK45CT is a preferred weapon as it trumps it in virtually every aspect except accuracy.

The idea here is to add combat sights to the M1911A1 that virtually every M1911 manufactured after 2010 now has.

The sights I have in mind in particular have been provided in the images box. The sight should feature a white dot similar to other pistols.

Currently the M1911 is less favourable, especially since XQ spread the word that weapon damage is caliber specific and that the HK45CT is simply the better option.

The low profile sights on the current M1911 make adjusting for bullet drop (which is a thing here by the way) significantly more difficult than it does with other pistols.

Why should this be added?:
- makes the M1911 more viable.
- The makarov gets night sights, why can’t the M1911?
- More modern look, making the gun look more unique to the server.

What negatives could this have?:
- model work required
- alters the vintage gun aesthetic

Useful Images:
71-1911Sighting6.jpg

1650811472868.jpeg

Reaction score
I would like to see this on the server soon, it would be a great touch as we have so many old guns that has iron sights.
This modern look is so great, would be nice if you made several other suggestions regarding these sights as most guns have these and to get a better sight you need to have a high weapons skill. If this does get added then i think in my opinion it also has to be added to several other pistols, the negative is as you also said that it ruins the vintage gun vibe. Also if there was a pistol sight on top of the weapon while using one with glow sights then make it turn off when doing so, just recommending.

Reaction score
if it alters the look of the vintage style, why couldnt they just remodel the m1911 and add it as a new weapon? and get like 2 different levels of firearms to craft em.

Reaction score
Adding an M45A1 might be a better option, as the classic 1911 isn't really meant to be a practical gun to carry, given it's abysmal capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.