Make collapsible stocks have purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Right now, collapsible stocks serve absolutely no purpose other than being cheaper and shit. It doesn't make it concealed when you holster it which I don't understand, what is the point of adding a collapsible stock if it doesn't conceal it with the downside being more recoil?

So my idea is quite a complex one and inspired from what the devs have done with the ACOG.

• When you have a collapsible stock on your MP5, you can press the context menu button to toggle it.
    • Collapsed will mean uncontrollable recoil.
      • The same as without stock obviously.
    • Not collapsed will mean regular recoil but still worse than the solid stock, exactly how it is now.
    • When collapsed, it will be concealable.
    • When not collapsed, it will be shown on your back.
    • Expanding will take 2 seconds, as seen in THIS VIDEO. (Go to 1:49)
      • This could be discussed.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • Collapsible stocks are not dead content
  • Makes sense
  • Looks fucking sick in shops

What negatives could this have? (cons):
  • MP5 would become slightly overpowered but this can be balanced out by either making it more expensive or letting it do less damage. (Rather have it more expensive)

Reaction score
ok i found it but his has almost no detail and mine does so i win

its also talking about every gun in the game and not just the collapsible stock that only the MP5 in-game has

Reaction score
There are some other weapons with collapsible stocks such as the G36C and the MP9 (which is already concealed). The G36C shouldn't be concealable but maybe hide the profile of the weapon so that the gun doesn't poke out the back like an eye sore that much.

Reaction score
Personally I believe the benefit of a folding or collapsing Stock, if any benefit at all, should be a faster aim and movement speed, which wouldn’t be applicable on PERP.

However the real life benefit of a collapsible and folding stock is the ability to close the stock for easier transportation. Something rarely applicable in video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.