Server Suggestion Make Server rules clearer and more understandable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Make Server rules clearer and more understandable
Suggestion Description: Right. So perpheads is now being more exposed to younger children aging probably from 9-13 and now as people are joining who are young will not understand the rules as it is complex for them and may confuse them. SO I am making this suggestions to maybe rechange the rules but not it's meaning. And by rechange i mean make the rules make it more clearer for children and older can actually understand the rules and get into the mind set of the rules

Why should this be added?:
- Helps younger children learn the rules
- Helps everyone build their understanding on the server
- easier to learn and remember the main rules.

What negatives could this have?:
- Will take a lot of time rechanging them
- Staff trying to make it non complex which i believe is hard for them.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: This problems solve and will help younger minors have good knowledge of the rules as of it was simplified into it's meaning.

Reaction score
Can you provide some examples of which rules you think are problematic and how you would reword them?
Probably 3.4 2.5 are the most problematic as those are the main 2 rules that people get banned as well as my self. Building a more understandable rules such as these ones will help the younger to help build knowledge of this. By rewording you say I wouldn't really try to reword it myself as of my bad knowledge of rules. But when you saw reword I believe it should be simplified to a more simpler and understandable rule especially the 2 as i have mentioned

Reaction score
if angry man have gun or you hear shoot, run away
when play, don't be too mean.
no racist

If there are rules you don't understand you can always ask in help and support or by messaging a staff member, dumbing down every rule enough for a 9 year old to understand it is a complete waste of time

Reaction score
As a 14 year old I have not received a in game punishment in 6 months and I think the problem is people that don’t care about the rules. U see many older people aswell with 40+ punishments so personally I don’t have a problem understanding the rules but maybe some people do.

Reaction score
Probably 3.4 2.5 are the most problematic as those are the main 2 rules that people get banned as well as my self. Building a more understandable rules such as these ones will help the younger to help build knowledge of this
I'd say these rules are pretty well written and have already been revised many times over the years to make them clearer, and they even include a list of examples. On top of this we have full guides for those two specific rules as they are the most often broken:

Reaction score
Probably 3.4 2.5 are the most problematic as those are the main 2 rules that people get banned as well as my self. Building a more understandable rules such as these ones will help the younger to help build knowledge of this. By rewording you say I wouldn't really try to reword it myself as of my bad knowledge of rules. But when you saw reword I believe it should be simplified to a more simpler and understandable rule especially the 2 as i have mentioned
I mean there is some guides like how to gunpoint I can agree and say they should be easier to find

Reaction score
Probably 3.4 2.5 are the most problematic as those are the main 2 rules that people get banned as well as my self. Building a more understandable rules such as these ones will help the younger to help build knowledge of this
There are even guides on rule 2.5 & 3.4, have you seen them?

If someone needs help with the rules they can make a help request, I don‘t think its necessary to rework the rules.

Reaction score
Children shouldn't be playing gmod, it is above 13. Please report any children you see, genuinely.

Reaction score
If somebody starts saying things (not cursing but being rude) that person should receive a visible warning from admistration. I at the time had no idea saying rude things would result in such an extensive ban. Cursing makes sense to ban immediately but words like “twig arms” should be issued warnings or just muting the player. I know 1.1 admin disrespect is the first rule but some people need to blow off steam and punishing them severely for such an act is a lot. Personally if somebody calls me names , I would issue a warning first, then if they continued I would mute. If this action continues I would ban them of course but the ban would not be severe at first unless they repeat it. I am aware now that I can be banned forever for saying things in the shoutbox but a mute would have been sufficient for me to not repeat that as sometimes people get caught in a bad situation and get carried away. We are all human, when people curse me off I know it’s not them , they just taking their anger out on me which is fine cause then they always come back and say sorry I didn’t mean it, just going through some things. Some players play this game intoxicated which also sways their decision making. Things like this should be analyzed instead of issuing bans so quickly and harshly as if the negativity is part of their personality and not something they are going through at the moment.

Reaction score
If somebody starts saying things (not cursing but being rude) that person should receive a visible warning from admistration. I at the time had no idea saying rude things would result in such an extensive ban. Cursing makes sense to ban immediately but words like “twig arms” should be issued warnings or just muting the player. I know 1.1 admin disrespect is the first rule but some people need to blow off steam and punishing them severely for such an act is a lot. Personally if somebody calls me names , I would issue a warning first, then if they continued I would mute. If this action continues I would ban them of course but the ban would not be severe at first unless they repeat it. I am aware now that I can be banned forever for saying things in the shoutbox but a mute would have been sufficient for me to not repeat that as sometimes people get caught in a bad situation and get carried away. We are all human, when people curse me off I know it’s not them , they just taking their anger out on me which is fine cause then they always come back and say sorry I didn’t mean it, just going through some things. Some players play this game intoxicated which also sways their decision making. Things like this should be analyzed instead of issuing bans so quickly and harshly as if the negativity is part of their personality and not something they are going through at the moment.
you cant ban me from playing perp if im drunk

Reaction score
The real suggestion needed here is to enforce an age rating for the gamemode.

Steam's user agreement states one must be 13+ to even access steam itself.

Sure, some kids might have the common sense to not minge but the likelihood of them doing so while not being supervised is highly unlikely in addition to them being exposed to harm without said supervision.

Reaction score
you cant ban me from playing perp if im drunk

My point is people have bad moments (especially if they are drunk) and a mute would be a good option when the first offense occurs. If this person constantly spams negativity , on multiple occasions then it makes sense to remove them for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.