Model Suggestion Muzzle flash

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Muzzle flash
Suggestion Description: Would be nice if there was a muzzle flash every time you fire a weapon. This would give flash hiders as an attachment an actual use and you would have to consider using that or another barrel attachments like a compensator or a suppressor and this would force people to make a conscious choice between having better recoil control or more concealment. I also think that suppressors should at least reduce the muzzle flash slightly.

Why should this be added?:
- It would be realistic.
- It would give people more options on how to approach different situations.

What negatives could this have?:
- I don't know if this could somehow be disabled by a console command or some other way or if it would affect performance since I have no idea about those types of things but other than that I don't really see any negative sides about adding it in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Theres already flash that displays when someone fires a weapon in dimly lit areas, its just most players don't have that setting enabled.

Reaction score
Theres already flash that displays when someone fires a weapon in dimly lit areas, its just most players don't have that setting enabled.
Which setting is that? I've looked through the options menu but I don't see anything like that.

Reaction score
You can see it here:

There is obviously an argument that it could be made better.

Reaction score
You can see it here:

There is obviously an argument that it could be made better.
Which setting do I need to turn on to see it? Also I think it could use some improvement by having a more defined flash and that comes from the end of the barrel. If it could be done without a huge performance drop