My name is broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello. My name is broken.

My in game name is Jean MacRon. This was an error I made when choosing the name. My character's name should be Jean Macron. I have attempted to change my character's name several times, but no matter what I do the capital R stays there!

I decided to retry this evening, only to find that changing my surname entirely from MacRon to Macaron resulted in my character's name becoming Jean MacAron (I did not make a typo again)

[Local] Jean MacAron: t

So now I try to change my name back to Jean Macron.

F84Htd3.png

Resulting in this again

[Local] Jean MacRon: t

Please help me change my name from Jean MacRon to Jean Macron

ps. even when an admin force changes my name, the capital stays!!!

Solution
This is because of the “Mac” part of your name. There was an update a decent while back which fixed the formatting of names with “Mc,Mac,O’, etc.” From looking bad. Names like “John McDonald” would be “John Mcdonald” which looked bad. Unfortunately this appears to be an oversight with that naming function autocapitalising your last name as it starts with “Mac”.
Reaction score
This is because of the “Mac” part of your name. There was an update a decent while back which fixed the formatting of names with “Mc,Mac,O’, etc.” From looking bad. Names like “John McDonald” would be “John Mcdonald” which looked bad. Unfortunately this appears to be an oversight with that naming function autocapitalising your last name as it starts with “Mac”.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.