Not sure if this is a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First of all I like to mention that I am not sure if this is a bug. But it seems odd to me.

Type of bug:

Description of the bug: The Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2012 both cost $750,000. However when you test drive these cars you will notice a speed difference of around 10 mph in favour of the Cayenne Turbo S. Which seems odd to because of the fact that they are the same price, have the same trunk size and the same amount of seats. If you go to the site: http://paralakecars.club and look the cars up you will also notice they they both should have the same stock speed of 75mph. In which the 2012 falls short and the S overexseeds.

Now we come to the point why I do not know if this is a bug. Because there are 3 scenarios possible.

1. Paralake Cars Club is using old data, The fact that there is a 10 mph difference between to almost identical cars is meant to be.
2. When you test drive the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S you will be driving the version with one upgrade.
3. Its a bug

How to reproduce the bug:
Go to the car dealer and request a test drive of the Porsche Cayenne Turbo s and the Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

Time stamp(s): Every time I do a test drive.

1589107383852.png

1589107401738.png

Upvote 0
Reaction score
This isn't really a bug, more just misleading information due to the way that vehicle settings are calculated on the engine. The maximum speed is not the maximum speed that a vehicle is able to accelerate to, but it is the point where a speed at which a vehicle cannot accelerate past.

The maximum speed of the Turbo 2012 and the Turbo S is 75. The Turbo 2012 is heavy and has a lower torque compared to the Turbo S. This means that while they have the same speed cap, the Turbo 2012 is not powerful enough to maintain that speed. I hope that makes sense.

It could be argued that Paralake Cars should display the actual maximum speeds, rather than the theoretical speed caps, but I think that is something for @roxie.

Status
Not open for further replies.