PLPD Academy Server Marksmanship isn't the same as live server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Type of bug: LUA

Description of the bug: The recoil in Academy feels too strong compared to the live server. SMGs like the MP9 are unusable in close range (My Sub-Machinegun marksmanship is 79 in the test server apparently as I levelled it by shooting at TFU). If I had permission to use the Academy server or visit it next time I'd make a side by side comparison of this weapon as it's the most noticable one. Rifle Marksmanship is also broken.

Weapons used:
MP9 with extended magazine, stock, rifle compensator and pistol reflex sight.
AKS-74U with magazine, AKS-74U stock, rifle compensator and iron sights.

The M4 was the only weapon that felt usable with the SR-25 stock (Not KAC M4A1/SR-25, the old stock) along with a rifle compensator and STANAG 30x.

How to reproduce the bug: Compare recoil (not in the shooting range) between live and academy.

Time stamp(s): TFU Stage 3 @ 26.07.2020

*Media: Look 2nd post

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam

Reaction score
My major concern for this is how the Training will be affected by members of the community. If a TFU Officer needs training in Breaching ETC and we have members of the community pissing about with them, Then that TFO won't get the quality of Training they would on the Academy Server.
Let’s not joke around. TFU training is useless. There is no need for it, other than some people might find it fun to organise and even a smaller amount of people might like doing it.
As I said, it’s been shown that people are not capable of not abusing permissions they get. And ontop of that, the use of the server gives very little

Reaction score
I’m sorry if I come across rude. I really am!
Are you retarded? Recoil is fixed based on code. As the levels got disabled.
Moving the prod data to academy server would do nothing but create extra work.
Don’t sit here claiming devs won’t fix stuff. You have no idea what you are on about.

Also it’s a waste of time seeing it’s being retired soon..
Sorry if this is not relevant to the main topic itself though I do believe it should be changed to replicate the main server's recoil, but why is the server being retired?

Sam

Reaction score
Sorry if this is not relevant to the main topic itself though I do believe it should be changed to replicate the main server's recoil, but why is the server being retired?
There is NO code difference. There is nothing to change.

There is no reason for it, anything done on there minus the abuse can be done on the live server.

Reaction score
I am convinced that this is not just an issue between main server and PLPD server. I’ve been speaking to new players and they all complain about recoil being really hard to control. I think the only reason it is noticed on PLPD server is because it is all old players that ever go on there so already had some form of marksmanship. If someone went on an alt and tried spraying with new account I think they would have something similar to that issue.
The recoil shouldn't be different between new and old players though since Marksmanship does not change (theoretically).

Reaction score
The recoil shouldn't be different between new and old players though since Marksmanship does not change (theoretically).
Marksmanship still levels (which is fine). The problem seems to be that it still impacts your recoil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.