Police Suggestion PLPD CID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: PLPD CID
Suggestion Description: Paralake Police Department Criminal Investigation Division.

Currently the PLPD has a number divisions to include the three primary ones; Patrol, Road Traffic Unit, and Tactical Firearms Unit. There are a number of others which are primarily supervisor and command lead.

My suggestion is to create a PLPD CID section. The primary purpose would be to Investigate cases and Criminal activity in the city.

Why should this be added?:
The PLPD CID could handle the following possible responsibilities;
- Conducts investigations regarding the live updating DNA database. Be able to retrieve DNA and update the DNA database.
- Conducts interviews and handles "Wanted for Questioning" subjects.
- Prepares and Conducts search warrants.
- Manages and collects on scene evidence of larger raids and Investigates those scenes.
- Investigates, searches for, and apprehends wanted subjects as well as locating stolen vehicles.
- Still answer calls for service when time allows.

What negatives could this have?:
- Less active manpower on patrol.
- Startup job confusion.
- If no CID signed on, patrol would have to continue normal operating procedures.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: - Better crime suppression.
- Uniformed way of handling interviews and "Wanted for questioning" rather than a officer or supervisor handling it.
- Less confusion when it comes to larger raids and evidence collection, and determination of fault.
- Investigators having the DNA tool would prevent supervisors having to respond, which frees them up incase they are needed for something else, and/or to focus on ORs & other paperwork.
- Adds another level of accountability when it comes to search warrants, so it's not a supervisors word against the suspect if a complaint was launched. The Investigator would be responsible who could still be reviewed by a active supervisor.

The only honest plus side to this is the DNA tool, everything else you listed is pretty much just a standard policing duty Patrol and Traffic already fulfil fine.

Investigation is basically over half of the Job already.

Rebuttal:

In my point of view, which isn't worth much, the main objective benefits would be; DNA tool. Someone specific to handle wanted for questioning warrants. And evidence collection.

These are things that are handled by patrol and traffic, and there's not really an great problem with that. Subjectively it would be more realistic as most large departments have some form of CID, but that alone should not be the reason for implementing it. I would just say that having someone who regularly questions, conducts in-game surveillance and interviews, and is able to collect DNA (Which is more of a LEO function than it is EMS, and it doesn't really make sense for an exception to be made for police supervisors to have either) , would be realistic and practical. Interviewing is a "perishable" skill and I believe having people who do that regularly in a RP environment would lead to more effective interviews.

perp is simple. Simple is good.

I like the idea, it just adds more complication to a system that isn’t designed to be that way

Old people here might remember the 'Warrant Execution Team'. I loved that (and this idea). However it didn't work out and making an entite division or team about it probably isn't going to work well.

Honestly i think what you suggest can be done under 'RP' just fine. You don't have to go to every shootout as a pistol cop: you can stay at PD and handle negotiations for other officers if you want.

The DNA tool is also a bit of a Balancing thing, giving more people one just makes crim lif harder even if crim have ak...

Status
Not open for further replies.