Police Suggestion Police picking up lockpicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Police picking up lockpicks
Suggestion Description: Make it so police cannot pick up lockpicks, and it instead confiscates it like crowbars as it can be used to breach properties illegally by officers and not on equipment list.

Why should this be added?:
- To fix possible abuse from officers.
- So its not only crowbar that gets confiscated.

What negatives could this have?:
- None

What problem would this suggestion solve?:
- To fix officers being able to abuse it and unlock any door they want.

Reaction score
I always see officers abusing their power into breaking into houses which are completely clean. It is a good idea to set this into place so officers can stop breaking in without having a warrant.

Reaction score
Lockpicks dissapear from inventory when going on-duty, but you can also just pick them up which makes no sense.
Resulting in that if i have 5 lockpicks on me i can literally drop it before going on duty and then pick them up.

Reaction score
DO NOT, I MUST INCREASE MY INVENTORY STACK, I AM CARRYING 39 RIGHT NOW!!!! PLEASE1!1!!!!1!11!!!1!!!!!!!11!1!!!!1!

I always see officers abusing their power into breaking into houses which are completely clean. It is a good idea to set this into place so officers can stop breaking in without having a warrant.
Make an Internal Affairs complaint

tbh it doesn't really make much sense that we can pick them up while crowbars get confiscated, especially since they're actually lockpicks now instead of just being called bobby pins like before

Reaction score
DO NOT, I MUST INCREASE MY INVENTORY STACK, I AM CARRYING 39 RIGHT NOW!!!! PLEASE1!1!!!!1!11!!!1!!!!!!!11!1!!!!1!

Make an Internal Affairs complaint

tbh it doesn't really make much sense that we can pick them up while crowbars get confiscated, especially since they're actually lockpicks now instead of just being called bobby pins like before
Why make an internal affairs when its an issue, if you cant transfer it from storage or have it in inventory when going on-duty its clearly a server issue of some kind or something else. It makes no sense that you can pick them up from ground but not transfer or have it on you.

Reaction score
If cops can't carry and use lockpicks then there is literally no recourse to just locking a lower ranked officer in a room, which is utterly retarded. They're for emergencies only. If cops are breaking into places for no reason, make an IA. It will be accepted.

I remember specifically that for a short while, it was made so cops and other emergency services couldn't equip lockpicks, and the change was reversed shortly after.

Reaction score
If cops can't carry and use lockpicks then there is literally no recourse to just locking a lower ranked officer in a room, which is utterly retarded. They're for emergencies only. If cops are breaking into places for no reason, make an IA. It will be accepted.

I remember specifically that for a short while, it was made so cops and other emergency services couldn't equip lockpicks, and the change was reversed shortly after.
If that is so do you know where this change was announced? So i can make my mind afterwards?

Reaction score
If that is so do you know where this change was announced? So i can make my mind afterwards?
It was a PD change some time in 2022. I remember specifically that for about a week or two no city employee could use lockpicks, and it was very frustrating, because, especially if you were a medic, people would lock you in the back of shops and there was no way of getting out.

Reaction score
I haven’t had to buy a Bobby pin in years directly due to the ability to keep lockpicks as cop. Having them at your disposal helps government employees and misuse is very obvious and easy to deal with.

Reaction score
It was a PD change some time in 2022. I remember specifically that for about a week or two no city employee could use lockpicks, and it was very frustrating, because, especially if you were a medic, people would lock you in the back of shops and there was no way of getting out.
I think it was a quick change and see nothing announced but I will go by what you say. -1 I I am downvoting now because people can get trapped and which they may have no way getting out which causes them to be stuck therefore that is my downvote reason.

Reaction score

As a technicality, Lockpicks aren't illegal. If an officer has broken into your property with a bobby pin, there are systems in place to report them

Status
Not open for further replies.