Server Suggestion Prop Texture Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Prop Texture Wheel
Suggestion Description: With the physgun out, holding E on an unfrozen prop will present a rotary selection wheel, similar to barricades wheel, emote wheel, buddy wheel, etc. that would allow the texture to be changed.

Why should this be added?:
As I'm sure everyone is aware, many new props have been added to PERP over the last few years, and a few of them, such as the new rugs, have multiple textures to choose from, however currently, when the prop is spawned in, the texture is chosen at random, which isn't ideal. While I'm sure this behaviour is just a placeholder, I've noticed more and more new props have additional textures that are currently going unused, and I'm sure the intent is to implement a replacement system eventually, so these props can be utilized in all their glory, so I thought I'd throw in my idea on how I think the system could work going forward.

What negatives could this have?:
People changing the colours of props they have buddy prop access to. This could be negated by just not giving idiots buddy prop access.
People changing the colours of props at inappropriate times, or by accident. This would likely be solved by making it so only unfrozen props can be changed, as very rarely are props left unfrozen once moved to a desired location.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Rug spamming to get the rug you like.

Been wanting to suggest this for a while, but was too lazy. Rather than holding E with the physgun out, I think its a better idea if a rug selection menu pops out when you press shift+e while looking at the prop, just like the illuminating signs. Additionally, only the owner of the prop should be able to change the rug texture, which pretty much solves the negatives you have mentioned. The shift+e to change images/rename chests is already a thing, so its probably best to stay consistent.

Unfreezing the prop to change textures, especially the rugs, is not ideal. You cant refreeze rugs if they are in contact with other props/world since its no-collided at spawn. Once you physgun a frozen rug, the no-collide is undone, forcing you to respawn the prop. Shift+E is a much better option as it mitigates any chances of the prop moving out of place. However, I agree, this is a much needed implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.