ramadan mubarak

Reaction score
@Philip You were implying that Rhys was wrong lol. It's certainly NOT what all Ramadan is about, but it's still a big part of it.

Reaction score
@Puma obviously I’m not Muslim myself but I have many Islamic friends and some family infact, so obviously don’t know the ins and outs.

Reaction score
@Philip but there is also other aspects for Ramadan. Not just what you grabbed off of google.

Reaction score
I had the same opinion, until a Muslim ACTUALLY told me what it was. They eat after 7 PM and they eat a lot, their not exactly gonna starve themselves. I don't see the point in it, their saying it too see how poor people feel, which is actually a really great thing to think about and have a conciounse about.

I think it's weird, but I'm not gonna judge them about it, especially not after I've been told what it actually is.

Reaction score
they eat when the sun has set, don't quote me but I think I've heard of this is when the devil or whatever is chained and the gates of hell are closed and the gates of heaven are open.

This is what I found on google "The practice of fasting serves several spiritual and social purposes: to remind you of your human frailty and your dependence on God for sustenance, to show you what it feels like to be hungry and thirsty so you feel compassion for (and a duty to help) the poor and needy, and to reduce the distractions in life so you can more clearly focus on your relationship with God."

this is not the only reason why they do it but in my opinion, is a really good way of probably knowing that you could be very fortunate in this world. As I said I am not a Muslim but really for peoples beliefs and have no problem with what anyone does or does not.

Reaction score
You eat by the time given from Sehar and Iftar. Each city has it's own calendar and the same goes for Greenland even if the sun literally never sets.
e1adw1G.png

For today in my city you cannot eat from 03.13 AM till 09:04 PM

Reaction score
Ramadan isn't about starving yourself for God. You don't go pale or have transparent piss from malnutrition, your stomach rumbles when you smell good food but that's about it. Ramadan is more than a lack of food intake, there's no sex, no smoking, no drugs, it's about avoiding sin and doing good deeds when you're at your weakest physically and mentally.

People fast for different reasons, it's personal. Some fast to build will-power and self-control, some to relate to homelessness and starvation, charity, devotion, etc. I personally don't fast to please God, I think there are more important things for him to care about, like rapists, terrorists and mass murderers killing in his name. I participate to better myself and relate to others. As long as you try to be a good person, the rest is optional (imo).

Deleted member 1235

Those who are posting saying how it's dumb that Muslims are 'starving' themselves in the 21st Century.

Just a friendly reminder that Christians do it too, and even the British PM to some extent commits to it. It's called lent.

You're free to criticise any religion, person, views etc but don't even bother when you don't know what you're talking about. It's like me criticising fredy for using a certain type of code for the server when I can barely even turn on my own PC.

*edit* Y'all can eat this snack any time of day ;)

Deleted member 4983

Also (don't quote me on this, my perception) It brings the family closer together as when they can eat, they eat together.

Jamal

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I've still not eaten, I have forgot how to eat now. I have watched multiple youtube tutorials but I can't remember