Random Crashing

Reaction score
Whenever I'm in game, after a while, my game just randomly freezes or just insta crashes, whenever it insta crashes I get no error notice nothing.
When it freezes, I can hear in game for 1-2 mins then the following pops up on my screen

"hl2.exe has stopped working"
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program".

Any help on how to stop this.
I have reinstalled everything
Redone my addons and garrys mod
No other addons then perps

Any help would be amazing

Reaction score
What's your specs? Your ram might be the problem here, just like it was for me for a while, until I sorted it out.

You might want to do a clean install of gmod as well as uninstalling all addons.
Keep download all server content on in the multiplayer settings.
9ec5827f35a910ecc0b386a07fa1ef2f.gif

Delete all folders marked red, ignore the green one.
76e83d2d62.png

Verify integrity of game cache afterwards, and have the game re-install necessary components.

Note: Deleting these folders will remove content downloaded from other servers running other gamemodes such as DarkRP, TTT and Prop hunt, etc. Which may be interfering with the server content that PERP uses.

If none of that works then you'll have to look into your specs.

Deleted member 5193

I've spoken to you about this on Steam and we pretty much put it down to RAM. You were taking about utilizing more RAM just for that game, but I think what you're really going to need to do is probably consider upgrading from 8gb. I used to have 8 on my system but it just wasn't sufficient even for gmod, it's really something to consider.

For reliability and cost, Corsair RAM is pretty decent. Don't go for anything too cheap and it's probably best to go for DDR4 to future proof yourself.

Presuming they deliver to southern Ireland, PC World are generally quite good with support and such. Could be worth contacting them with your specs and seeing what they advise for your price point. Otherwise, there's companies like Scan and Overclockers UK who do sell it but probably not at the cheapest price.

If you feel you know what you want and you just want it cheap, use Amazon. Cheap as fuck just as long as you know what you're aiming to buy.

Reaction score
What's your specs? Your ram might be the problem here, just like it was for me for a while, until I sorted it out.

You might want to do a clean install of gmod as well as uninstalling all addons.
Keep download all server content on in the multiplayer settings.
9ec5827f35a910ecc0b386a07fa1ef2f.gif

Delete all folders marked red, ignore the green one.
76e83d2d62.png

Verify integrity of game cache afterwards, and have the game re-install necessary components.

Note: Deleting these folders will remove content downloaded from other servers running other gamemodes such as DarkRP, TTT and Prop hunt, etc. Which may be interfering with the server content that PERP uses.

If none of that works then you'll have to look into your specs.
It seems as tho, i dont have some of the folders which you have marked red< would this be partially to blame