Server Suggestion Remove ability to disable/destroy others' lamp props

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove ability to disable/destroy others' lamp props
Suggestion Description: Aside from spotlights due to its purpose in base defense, remove the ability for players to destroy/turn off ceiling lamps and all illuminated signs that they do not own.

Why should this be added?:
- There is very little reason for players to have this ability for props they do not own, and it mostly results in minging/destroying lights and illuminated signs for no reason.

What negatives could this have?:
- Only thing I can think of is a genuine revenge against a shop owner, but as with molotovs this is a very uncommon justification for destroying someone's property.

Useful Images:

Reaction score
  • Staff
If someones doing it for no reason its 2.5 anyways.
What, besides from the initial negative in op, is the reason to be able to do this? Having to report for 2.5 is a waste of time on everyone's part.

Reaction score
If spotlights were able to be shot out and the ceiling lights weren't then people would simply move to use ceiling lights in defences unless we were to make them against the rules to use in a defence etc, which seems rather pointless to me

Reaction score
  • Staff
If spotlights were able to be shot out and the ceiling lights weren't then people would simply move to use ceiling lights in defences unless we were to make them against the rules to use in a defence etc, which seems rather pointless to me
There are already plenty of props that are disallowed in base defense. In fact it is not practical that a thin light can be placed vertically to achieve the same effect as a spotlight.

Last edited: