Police Suggestion Remove the ability to lockpick doors as officer

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove the ability to lockpick doors as officer
Suggestion Description: I found out you are able to bobby pin doors as a police officer which is pretty dumb.

Why should this be added?:
- Realistic
- Shouldn't be a thing

What negatives could this have?:
- nothing

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Being able to lock pick doors when you shouldn't.

Useful Images: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/1P3Tanrp1pBZyW/d1337g3NNoMB?invite=cr-MSwzNGQsMTY1OTk0MTEs

Reaction score
It's realistic to lockpick doors as officer, Swat and even normal officers do it in real life. Sure not all officers and agencies have officers with lockpicking skills but they are still some units that use lockpicks to unlock doors.

Reaction score
best thing is rescuing the mayor as a medic from being trapped in a appartment -1

Reaction score
I've always thought this could be properly abused by someone but never encountered it, usually I see Officers with the correct knowledge using this to their advantage to breach a property when absolutely needed and no one high enough rank can warrant or pop a door themselves

Reaction score
Bobby pins aren't illegal, the act of using them in an illegal way is illegal... A cop can't just bobby pin your door down without a reason, if they are coming in due to a warrant I don't see an issue. I remember fondly of when I was an officer at the time when I first started, and made use of them because we had no higher ups or TFU on and we breached an apartment that had a shooter inside. If an officer is using the bobby pin to break into someone's home illegally then an IA needs to be placed. I see no reason why any gov employee should be restricted to using a completely legal to-own item. Especially if it's used to benefit the public.

Reaction score
I've saved people with them before as FF such as a friend logging off, saved my own ass when someone shut a door on me to lock me in but forgot to tie me up and took their gun off me, used it to investigate unowned buildings for arson and bombs. they have really good use on the jobs and any complaints should be IA or staff.