Community Suggestion Remove thread replies from shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove thread replies from shoutbox
Suggestion Description: Please remove comments on threads appearing in shoutbox, or put them in a second shoutbox. Its annoying scrolling through shoutbox when there's a hot thread.
Why should this be added?:
- Makes sense
- We already have the recent activity tab to monitor this

What negatives could this have?:
- Absolutely, and I cannot stress this enough, ABSOLUTELY Nothing.

Reaction score
Shoutbox has been the main way i've kept up with what's going on, and while it's fair to say that the "What's new" tab can be used, it's just not as practical as going on the main page and having a live update of what's going on. The latest activity doesn't update live, so you end up having to refresh. I'm obviously being lazy here, but I'm sure others can agree with this.

Obvious downside is that the way it currently is drowns out on-going chatter, and creates clutter in the chat. Maybe just disable follow-up replies showing up as separate messages beyond the thread being posted?

Reaction score
Yeah i think only new threads is a good idea. Maybe a secondary notifcation like "Post X is hot right now!" Or something when it reaches a threshhold of sorts to help solve drowning but keep people notified?

Ayjay

Reaction score
A better way of resolving this could be to limit it to only show the thread being made if it's in a certain section like action requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.