Rework the Shoutbox ban system. [Discussion]

Reaction score
What is this about?
So for a while now I have seen ban appeals where people do not know why they got banned from the shoutbox and by who. I am going to give you my idea that I initially thought then I'm going to let you improve/correct (pros/cons).

Step One
What I am suggesting is that if a staff member feels the need to ban someone for whatever justifiable reason they would have to click on that person's name in the shoutbox and it will give them an option that would say "Punish" or something like that.

Step Two
It would then open another simple window and it would be similar to the ticket system but different of course. It would say how long you want to ban them for whether that's for a couple hours/days/weeks or permanent. And then it will ask you for the reason as to why you want to ban him/her.

Step Three
Once that has been completed correctly it would send the user a message saying: "You have been banned from the Shoutbox until [Date when it expired or it could say forever] for [Reason for ban]

Conclusion
What this would do is not only will it be easier for staff members dealing with Disputes/Apologies but it will also give the reason for the ban and who it was that actually banned them straight away instead of having other staff members ask around and to try and find the answer.

Reaction score
Shoutbox ban system is pure fucking autism, pretty sure 50% of ban disputes are "why was I banned from sb?" absolute cancer spam on forums

Reaction score
Step 1: make the shoutbox less safe space
Step 2: When someone needs to be banned on the shoutbox, PM them with what they have done.

requires 0 coding omg

Reaction score
Step 1: make the shoutbox less safe space
Step 2: When someone needs to be banned on the shoutbox, PM them with what they have done.

requires 0 coding omg
"less safe space" What do you want it to be? So that you can call people degenerate fucks and say that they have cancer? No thanks, we used to have it in a way where you could literally say whatever you want and obviously that's not user friendly, I know for a fact I don't want to be called a fucking retard everyday even though I don't take it seriously. We do have a PM system for bans just that a warning has to be given out and most people don't give out warnings for it, for some reason...

Calling it a safe space is just dumb itself, it's a way for the community to interact with each in other ways than OOC chat or teamspeak where we do not allow that behaviour, so why would we allow it on the forums?

Reaction score
People just need to stop being offended in the other person’s place if he’s not offended by it. Also if you get banned atleast send a PM indicating the reason why, just like they’re sending PM’s for forum warnings.

Reaction score
"less safe space" What do you want it to be? So that you can call people degenerate fucks and say that they have cancer? No thanks, we used to have it in a way where you could literally say whatever you want and obviously that's not user friendly, I know for a fact I don't want to be called a fucking retard everyday even though I don't take it seriously. We do have a PM system for bans just that a warning has to be given out and most people don't give out warnings for it, for some reason...

Calling it a safe space is just dumb itself, it's a way for the community to interact with each in other ways than OOC chat or teamspeak where we do not allow that behaviour, so why would we allow it on the forums?

I mean you know fine well there's a difference between friends ragging on each other and just full on insulting someone for the sake of it. Certain staff members don't seem to be able to make that distinction.

Reaction score
I don't want to be called a fucking retard everyday
:thinking:
"less safe space" What do you want it to be? So that you can call people degenerate fucks and say that they have cancer?
Difference between a joke between friends and an insult with malicious intent right? Its quite easy to spot but I'm well aware it can cause issues with certain people taking offence.

Personally I'd like the rules to stay in place but a auto inbox upon being banned, it should show the exact message (highlight it specifically) and maybe 5 previous & after messages (if no messages after ignore it) then when banning give the Mod/Admin/Nonce a little section to explain their ban and for what reason. Only my opinion tho :)))

M

Reaction score
The reason some people get banned for saying things while others don't is because @Jordan used to be in charge and he has ADHD.