Police Suggestion RTU stage 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: RTU stage 2
Suggestion Description: why the stage two training video should be updated

Why should this be added?:
- i think an update for the RTU stage 2 training video should be updated because i was previously in an stage 2 assessment and when watching the video id expected it to be at least a little bit similar but in my opinion it wasnt the reason i say this is because in the video they used the main city map and when sent to the stage 2 it was not like that at all there was not much leeway with road wise and in the place where you do it they have these barriers set in the road so you have to pass them going on to another lane which frustrated me as when i watch the video there wasnt any showing of that.
secondly on the video they showed a wide range of tactis used to stop the video and again in the actual training i seen non of that really and in my opinion it sets an unrealistic vision to new people trying to become an RTU officer and also i think that the video being on the main city map was a big problem because especially for me it set an unrealistic version of what will be happening in the stage 2 training

Id also like to say that this might not be changed but please take a look into this and try change something.

What negatives could this have?:
- i really dont believe it has any negatives

Reaction score
While I appreciate you making a suggestion in an attempt to improve the resources available to officers, this forum is not the best place to make it. This forum section is more for new gamemode features, map edits, models and community changes, especially where development time is needed. A better place to make this suggest is through the plpd.online helpdesk, with the ticket directed towards the Road Traffic Unit.

Reaction score
I'm strugging to see the problem here. RTU training videos are a resource on what to do on the live server whilst on the job as RTU? Demonstrating this in the training area would look really bad due to the lack of any sort of texturing down there and wouldn't really translate well to live server situations.

I don't see any reason to change this.

Reaction score
Since your Stage 2, we have since released a new version of the RTU Handbook. So while we are not working on remaking the video, I'm certain you can find some useful information there.

Regarding the barriers, they work as a surprise element, if you are not able to go safely around them that is your problem.

As for the video, you are given multiple options to stop a fleeing vehicle, whether you use those tactics in coordination with other applicants is up to you.

The training part of the map is frustrating so we do our best to test the applicants accordingly. The training part itself gives leeway to the escapee, but also largely to the applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.