Rule Suggestion (New Rule)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: New Rule
Suggestion Description: Adding a forum rule prohibiting discussion that implies criminal activity outside of in-game actions, and disallowing discussion on harmful activities.

The forum rule could go something like this:

X.X: Criminal and dangerous activity:
Discussions that glorify use of drugs, tobacco, or abuse of alcohol in a real life setting are prohibited. Users must also refrain from discussing anything relating to committing criminal activity outside of in game actions. Discussions encouraging harmful and dangerous actions must be avoided.

Whilst this is enforced, there's no actual rule for it at this moment in time.

Why should this be added?:
- Stop talking about weed in shoutbox morons we simply do not care.
- We also do not care that you are 12 pints into your evening and decided to come into shoutbox.

What negatives could this have?:
- Literally nothing.

Reaction score
Yeah it's honestly pretty annoying, especially the drug part. Lots of people in the community are really young and they don't need to be exposed to someone talking about how good their acid trip is and how they've never felt better in their life. It's honestly pretty depressing.

Should def be something to explicitly state that excessive conversation or glorification of any kind of substance is disallowed, and conversations should end if directed by a staff member.

Idm like ohhh yk xyz is my favorite beer or whatever, but when it gets to the point where the conversation of the entire shoutbox is filled with that stuff it should be taken somewhere else.

Reaction score
Yeah it's honestly pretty annoying, especially the drug part. Lots of people in the community are really young and they don't need to be exposed to someone talking about how good their acid trip is and how they've never felt better in their life. It's honestly pretty depressing.

Should def be something to explicitly state that excessive conversation or glorification of any kind of substance is disallowed, and conversations should end if directed by a staff member.

Idm like ohhh yk xyz is my favorite beer or whatever, but when it gets to the point where the conversation of the entire shoutbox is filled with that stuff it should be taken somewhere else.
Ur on about drugs being banned yet basically promoting how good acid is. Not really setting a good example for this rule too be brought in

Reaction score
Reaction score
Figured I’d throw my 2 cents in here as this is a topic I’m somewhat knowledgable in for once.

Drugs as a sole entity are viewed differently by different people and this is something that those who use and those who don’t collectively agree on. Although something that must ALWAYS be respected is people have the right to make their own decision on this matter. I personally believe those who wish to use drugs can as it should be a choice you on your own make. However I am also well aware many peoples opinions vary as this topic doesn’t have a concrete moral answer. I find it very gritting and aggravating seeing people in OOC and on the forum discussing the amount of drugs they take, or the amount they sell etc etc. This is not only outright vexing but also very dangerous.

Drugs should in no way be glamourised. They are and this isn’t up for debate, life changing in many different ways and should be treated as such.

Furthermore this community is full of many impressionable pre-teens and teenagers. So discussing how “great that 2cb was” or how “fucking mashed” you were on MDMA promotes the substance as good and sounds enjoyable which is DEFINITELY not always the case.

To round off this somewhat waffle filled post please regardless of the outcome of this suggestion always be cautious of what your saying on a garrys mod forum.

The outcome of this suggestion will be accepted though I’d bet my lovely house in edinburgh on it.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Ur on about drugs being banned yet basically promoting how good acid is. Not really setting a good example for this rule too be brought in
586.jpg

Reaction score

On topic I think a rule covering this would be a great addition. While drugs are a part of the game to an extent, I echo what @Aquaa and @matt said about there being young, impressionable people on here. We already seek to protect through Safeguarding Referrals and I think this compliments that initiative quite nicely.

Reaction score

No one cares how much you love doing acid, weed, whatever the fuck, don't bring your bad influence amongst others and telling people they're not setting a good example like you're the one to fucking talk

Reaction score

Any references to illegal activities will be covered under rule 1.4 and anyone who continues to talk about it on the forums should be reported via a safeguarding referral and/or punished by a member of the staff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.