Community Suggestion SCAM Overhaul/Minor Improvements

• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date

Deleted member 4084

Suggestion Title: SCAM Overhaul/Minor Improvements
Suggestion Description: Adding the following improvements to SCAM:
- Adding a "general comments" under a players' scam profile which is accessible to all those Helper and above (discretion to Administrations' opinions on this); this would work similarly to having a segment on Microsoft Dynamics NAV. This is not designed to remove #PM on disc or the individual ban comments but allows us to comment on the players individual SCAM profile

- Including a "SCAM Profile" button to the SCAM Menu in-game, this will either copy the link or open the profile in the steam overlay (Credits to northnortheast)

- When a report is moved from H&S to REP Vice Versa, send an automatic chat in /staff saying which report was moved to where.

- Allow enforcers to submit a ban request through a quick form on SCAM, this request is submitted and is similar to how Xenforo 2 works with Reports; a moderator can approve, adjust or deny and the original requester can edit. This form is not intended to be tedious or generally difficult to fill in. All it should be: Length, Reason, Comments

- Shade reports claimed by you in a different color (this should be a very subtle, light change) and those which have been answered lightly flash or display a different color when waiting for your reply. For example, somebody submits a report--this report would not have any shading to it, if it's claimed by you, this will (clientside) change to a light green or such. Something identifiable. Then if it's been replied to, it would change to orange or something. You get the point

Why should this be added?:
Ease of use and a bit of automation
More user friendly

What negatives could this have?:
Comments: Could argue that you could go through the ban/warn/BL individually or check PM but that can be tedious and the information isn't readily available whereas this would mean it's immediately viewable on their SCAM profile

Ban Request Form: I don't really see an issue with this, but it being another thing mods have to check up on.

Shading: none ngl

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
i do not believe anyone cares for a scams overhaul nor is it needed, it shows whos banned how long theyre banned reason and staff member nothing else is needed and i do believe you have a bounty on your head by the developers run whilst you still can

Deleted member 4084

i do not believe anyone cares for a scams overhaul nor is it needed, it shows whos banned how long theyre banned reason and staff member nothing else is needed and i do believe you have a bounty on your head by the developers run whilst you still can
The bounty is wanted let them come

Reaction score
Allow enforcers to submit a ban request through a quick form on SCAM, this request is submitted and is similar to how Xenforo 2 works with Reports; a moderator can approve, adjust or deny and the original requester can edit. This form is not intended to be tedious or generally difficult to fill in. All it should be: Length, Reason, Comments
Discord. Enforcers average 28 days at that rank anyways.

Adding the following improvements to SCAM:
- Adding a "general comments" under a players' scam profile which is accessible to all those Helper and above (discretion to Administrations' opinions on this); this would work similarly to having a segment on Microsoft Dynamics NAV. This is not designed to remove #PM on disc or the individual ban comments but allows us to comment on the players individual SCAM profile
Discord + ban comments. Anything you’re putting about a player should be under the relevant ban comments. If it’s that much of an issue that it needs to be noted permanently that they were disrespectful or difficult to deal with it can probably be included in the ban / warn reasoning. This would see absolutely no use whatsoever beyond “Verbal warnings”.

Including a "SCAM Profile" button to the SCAM Menu in-game, this will either copy the link or open the profile in the steam overlay (Credits to northnortheast)
A good idea to add to the scoreboard, but again most staff have muscle memory at this point of copying their steamID by godstick and opening SCAM in the overlay browser at this point.

Shade reports claimed by you in a different color (this should be a very subtle, light change) and those which have been answered lightly flash or display a different color when waiting for your reply. For example, somebody submits a report--this report would not have any shading to it, if it's claimed by you, this will (clientside) change to a light green or such. Something identifiable. Then if it's been replied to, it would change to orange or something. You get the point
I think it does this on some themes? Sometimes reports are shaded on purple theme, I don’t really know why.

Reaction score

A couple idea will be sent to devs but the overall most of it not needed