Server Suggestion Selling items by hand SWEP

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Selling items by hand SWEP
Suggestion Description: Adding an item that allows users to Press E on you to sell an item you are holding.

The idea here is to add some sort of SWEP that allows you to hold a small item, such as a food item, Drugs, or other item that would fit in your hands and allow users to press E on yourself.

Items that could allow this inventory system could be something like a calculator, or other tool. Maybe the suitcase could come in handy here?

It would work as such:
- You equip the SWEP item, whatever it may be.
- Upon pressing left click, a menu of your inventory will open. You select the item you are aiming on selling, then set a price. The price will be per item.
- Upon equipping the SWEP, the item name and price will appear above your head. Players who press E on you with keys out at this point will open a menu, asking them to confirm the item they are purchasing, and how much of the item you are purchasing.
- Upon selecting the amount they wish to buy, The appropriate funds will be taken from their wallet to yours, and you will receive the item.

This idea is to allow users to deal drugs to one another both without paying taxes, using a cash register, and also in a manner which would give organisation xp. To prevent misuse, a small portion of the money gained should vanish, but this would only be no more than 2% of the money. Dealing to org allies wouldn't do this.

Animations for this could use the "Equipment" animation (The one grenades and zipties have). Upon a successful transaction, The player should do the "Drop" Animation.

Whilst some may argue that selling drugs is pointless (@..... ), This could be used to sell seeds, which players often want, and is entirely possible to resell below the DD's prices.

Why should this be added?:
- Realistic drug dealing RP with in game mechanic
- Dealing drugs to other players would give org xp without the need to pay any government taxes.

What negatives could this have?:
- Potential for misuse.

Last edited:
Reaction score
2.4 warning issued.
Suggestion Title: Selling items by hand SWEP
Suggestion Description: Adding an item that allows users to Press E on you to sell an item you are holding.

The idea here is to add some sort of SWEP that allows you to hold a small item, such as a food item, Drugs, or other item that would fit in your hands and allow users to press E on yourself.

Items that could allow this inventory system could be something like a calculator, or other tool. Maybe the suitcase could come in handy here?

It would work as such:
- You equip the SWEP item, whatever it may be.
- Upon pressing left click, a menu of your inventory will open. You select the item you are aiming on selling, then set a price. The price will be per item.
- Upon equipping the SWEP, the item name and price will appear above your head. Players who press E on you with keys out at this point will open a menu, asking them to confirm the item they are purchasing, and how much of the item you are purchasing.
- Upon selecting the amount they wish to buy, The appropriate funds will be taken from their wallet to yours, and you will receive the item.

This idea is to allow users to deal drugs to one another both without paying taxes, using a cash register, and also in a manner which would give organisation xp. To prevent misuse, a small portion of the money gained should vanish, but this would only be no more than 2% of the money. Dealing to org allies wouldn't do this.

Animations for this could use the "Equipment" animation (The one grenades and zipties have). Upon a successful transaction, The player should do the "Drop" Animation.

Whilst some may argue that selling drugs is pointless (@..... ), This could be used to sell seeds, which players often want, and is entirely possible to resell below the DD's prices.

Why should this be added?:
- Realistic drug dealing RP with in game mechanic
- Dealing drugs to other players would give org xp without the need to pay any government taxes.

What negatives could this have?:
- Potential for misuse.
@Efan

Reaction score
I completely disagree with this because it stops people from getting scammed. Scamming is type of crime people can do and what criminals want is more crime to do not less. If transactions also happened automatically even if one tried to /me to RP a scam the other player will almost always not comply for their own benefit and just powergame so they don't lose out.

Moreover this is no different than doing a deal with a storage box and selling your seeds from there after manually pitching your sale to somebody or just dropping the item after receiving the money. I think all this does effectively is render scamming impossible.

Reaction score
I completely disagree with this because it stops people from getting scammed. Scamming is type of crime people can do and what criminals want is more crime to do not less. If transactions also happened automatically even if one tried to /me to RP a scam the other player will almost always not comply for their own benefit and just powergame so they don't lose out.

Moreover this is no different than doing a deal with a storage box and selling your seeds from there after manually pitching your sale to somebody or just dropping the item after receiving the money. I think all this does effectively is render scamming impossible.
agreed

Reaction score
  • Staff
I mean you now get xp from small item sales and can drop drugs in bulk so neither of these are necessary to me anymore.