Sexual Offences

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law:

Modify law 9.7

What law do you wish to change/add:

9.7 Sexual Offences​

Any person who coerces another person through force, threats or abuse of authority forces another person into performing a sexual act commits an offence. Furthermore any person who performs sexual acts without consent commits and offence

Felony - liable to 5 years maximum imprisonment and $4,000 maximum fine.

Why should this change/addition be made:

Currently it is necessary to actively force another person to engage in these acts, however more often than not are people just performing acts without the other persons consent, just not forcing them to engage in them

What is the aim of this change/addition:

As the law currently stands it would only be possible to charge suspects with law 10.1 which, in my opinion, is a farce.

Additional Information: While this law in theory is not really necessary as almost all acts that encompass this are also against server rules and will be punished accordingly, however just for clarity's sake I believe this should be modified.

Is this a new law or a change to a current law:

Modify law 9.7

What law do you wish to change/add:

9.7 Sexual Offences​

Any person who coerces another person through force, threats or abuse of authority forces another person into performing a sexual act commits an offence. Furthermore any person who performs sexual acts without consent commits and offence

Felony - liable to 5 years maximum imprisonment and $4,000 maximum fine.

Why should this change/addition be made:

Currently it is necessary to actively force another person to engage in these acts, however more often than not are people just performing acts without the other persons consent, just not forcing them to engage in them

What is the aim of this change/addition:

As the law currently stands it would only be possible to charge suspects with law 10.1 which, in my opinion, is a farce.

Additional Information: While this law in theory is not really necessary as almost all acts that encompass this are also against server rules and will be punished accordingly, however just for clarity's sake I believe this should be modified.
i be getting abused by sweaters, maybe we should add this even though its been denied in the past in 2017

This to me reads as the same definition put twice in a law, just worded differently.

This law shouldn't really have to be a thing. People roleplaying things like this should just be removed from the server and the RP shouldn't continue.
Second this. I’d go as far as saying we should remove the law as it existing within the penal code implies that “sexual offences” would be dealt with in roleplay by the police when in reality 99.9% of the time they’ll land you with some sort of ban.

This law shouldn't really have to be a thing. People roleplaying things like this should just be removed from the server and the RP shouldn't continue.
Second this. I’d go as far as saying we should remove the law as it existing within the penal code implies that “sexual offences” would be dealt with in roleplay by the police when in reality 99.9% of the time they’ll land you with some sort of ban.
This has been explained multiple times why it's still a thing.

This is so police can lawfully do something about it if a staff member can't intervene in time and charge them for a longer/harsher sentence than 10.1

I agree, but having this law in place in case staff are not present is necessary to dealing with them in RP, also yay realism!

Also just as a PSA have you already forgotten the perphub incident? (staff committed 9.7 did they not :bag: )

There needs to remain laws about certain rulebreaks as it still needs an in character resolution. Even not from a legal standpoint, the law exonerates people from being guilty of 9.2 or 9.5 if they defend themselves or others from sexual violence by shooting the person. For this reason alone the law should stay.

I believe that players shouldn't be punished for killing creeps in a game where kids are walking around.

Personally I'd rather cuff a person then stuck them in a holding or keep killing them if they keep up the creepy behavior until staff can handle it versus hit them with a "5 year sentence" which is basically a tap on the wrist compared to the punishment they should be getting rule-wise.

Personally I'd rather cuff a person then stuck them in a holding or keep killing them if they keep up the creepy behavior until staff can handle it versus hit them with a "5 year sentence" which is basically a tap on the wrist compared to the punishment they should be getting rule-wise.
id rather execute them

Back