Signature Restrictions

Reaction score
I'm very tired right now and this has always annoyed me a bit. Hey, what can go wrong?

Why can't we have more characters in our signatures? Most people use image based signatures, sure. However some (such as myself) would like to use text based signatures more, without having to bring the character count down to less than that of an actual comment. I believe it's maxed at 100 characters right now, four images maximum, and four lines max. These restrictions make sense, don't get me wrong, but for those who want to abuse it, there is always ways around it. Besides, people have fucking huge images in their signature either way so really, I feel the restrictions for character limits in particular are rather stupid.

Reaction score
-Support

No need for more characters, Signature isnt ment to be to write whole life story's in or whaterver. Its made for one sentence tbh.

Do you even know what signature means?

Reaction score
I assume this was implemented due to the large amount of 'long and out of hand' signatures, as stated by Moron in his post https://perpheads.com/threads/forum-signatures.9713/

I mean, I personally wouldn't have an issue with increasing it, but I think 4 images, 4 lines, and 100 characters is more than enough to have a decent signature. As @draftking stated it isn't really for you to write much, just something simple about yourself, or something you find funny, you know :p

Reaction score
-Support

No need for more characters, Signature isnt ment to be to write whole life story's in or whaterver. Its made for one sentence tbh.

My signature goes over the maximum limit and I think it's pretty reasonable. I don't think there should be a really harsh limit like there currently is but leave it to a staff members discretion to change if it's too long and or stupid?

Reaction score
1. -Support

2. No need for more characters,
3. Signature isnt ment to be to write whole life story's in or whaterver.
4. Its made for one sentence tbh.

1. It's not a suggestion, the huge red -Support isn't needed

2. There is need for more characters. Maybe you don't need any because you have your image based signature, that's fine, but other people like to be a little bit more creative. A great example is Tyla's signature. Largely text-based, but with a few images. Perfectly acceptable, but over the signature character limits most certainly. I think 300 characters would make sense personally.

3. At no point do I ask for restrictions to be removed, that's stupid. I know full well they're there for a reason. Nobody would put their life story in a signature. Your comment makes sense, but it goes to show you didn't bother to read, nor consider what I'm attempting to discuss here.

4. I apologise. I forgot that you dictate what I can and cannot do with my signature.

5. Yes. I do. This comment is not only incredibly insulting, but goes to show you don't know much of what you're talking about, and only came here to stir up trouble.

Additional Comments:
Browsing to other threads which I have replied to, and rating my reply dumb only goes to show how immensely childish you are. Although I'm glad you came to your senses and removed it. (This is not slander. If need be, forum logs can back this up.)

Masquerading my use of curse words as a red herring to draw attention away from your flawed points, and use it as the basis of an argument against me is stupid. Don't do it.

When I wanted to speak with you privately you attempted to record the conversation, which I felt insulted by furthermore.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm very tired right now and this has always annoyed me a bit. Hey, what can go wrong?

Why can't we have more characters in our signatures? Most people use image based signatures, sure. However some (such as myself) would like to use text based signatures more, without having to bring the character count down to less than that of an actual comment. I believe it's maxed at 100 characters right now, four images maximum, and four lines max. These restrictions make sense, don't get me wrong, but for those who want to abuse it, there is always ways around it. Besides, people have fucking huge images in their signature either way so really, I feel the restrictions for character limits in particular are rather stupid.

1. It's not a suggestion, the huge red -Support isn't needed

2. There is need for more characters. Maybe you don't need any because you have your image based signature, that's fine, but other people like to be a little bit more creative. A great example is Tyla's signature. Largely text-based, but with a few images. Perfectly acceptable, but over the signature character limits most certainly. I think 300 characters would make sense personally.

3. At no point do I ask for restrictions to be removed, that's stupid. I know full well they're there for a reason. Nobody would put their life story in a signature. Your comment makes sense, but it goes to show you didn't bother to read, nor consider what I'm attempting to discuss here.

4. I apologise. I forgot that you dictate what I can and cannot do with my signature.

5. Yes. I do. This comment is not only incredibly insulting, but goes to show you don't know much of what you're talking about, and only came here to stir up trouble.

Additional Comments:
Browsing to other threads which I have replied to, and rating my reply dumb only goes to show how immensely childish you are. Although I'm glad you came to your senses and removed it. (This is not slander. If need be, forum logs can back this up.)

Masquerading my use of curse words as a red herring to draw attention away from your flawed points, and use it as the basis of an argument against me is stupid. Don't do it.

When I wanted to speak with you privately you attempted to record the conversation, which I felt insulted by furthermore.

what is a right character limit in your opinion?
I personally would like more space because I'd love to put in some information about government positions I have and such but I also love my pictures I have in there...

I agree with you but I also think that there should be some kind of character limit as signatures would easily get too big... and remember the thing with the auto replies? when that went fucked Fredy removed it for normal users... I bet the same thing happened to signatures aswell hence why there is a limit now...

Reaction score
I think that as long as it is enforced by the Signature Police then I see no reason to restrict the amount of gifs I like to put in so I can amuse people for about 4 seconds