Snipers

Reaction score
Recently I've seen a lot of weird stuff happening with snipers in-game, most of this is very unrealistic.
After robbing the bank and seeing S.W.A.T. enter the vault with a sniper rifle and starting to quickscope us, running in the vault, shooting at us and running back. This is just so unrealistic that I decided to start a post about this. You're reading it now.

The things people do with in-game snipers are weird, for example; quickscoping, noscoping and stuff like that. Like rule 2.1 says,
2.1 Play Realistically-This game mode aims to emulate real life, and as such, players are expected to play realistically at all times; because life is not ‘black and white’, there is potential for some scenarios to have not been included in this document, these rules are also not necessarily ‘written in stone’, meaning that exceptions can be made where appropriate - any such exceptions are purely determined by an administrator’s discretion.

If an administrator believes you have broken a rule and/or acted inappropriately/unrealistically, you will be expected to discuss the situation(s)/incident(s) with the administrator, and you will also be expected to justify your action(s); if you unable to appropriately and effectively justify yourself when requested, an appropriate form of punishment will be enacted.

Please note that if you feel an administrator has made an inappropriate decision, you may request to speak with a Senior Administrator, or instead, may freely discuss the rule(s) and/or incident(s) on the forums.
"This game mode aims to emulate real life", no one quickscopes in real life, no actual person that knows how to shoot a sniper noscopes (Let's say you are trained to shoot a sniper in-game). Sometimes people do noscope but just watch videos of them doing it and what happens to the gun.
He almost never hits the barrel nor the "head" of his target. This is a 360 noscope but it's almost the same. Also, see how exhausted he is at the end of the video. There is no possible way of shooting a sniper accurate while not looking where you shoot or by doing a 360.

Noscoping alone is hard aswell, take a look at this video from the same guy.
He hits his 3rd shot, but do note he looks where he is going to shoot, then pulls the sniper up and shoots the sniper. They don't do this sort of stuff in-game. They just quickly shoot it out of panic, this will probably force the gun out of your hands due to the kickback the gun gives.

This dude has shot sniper rifles since he was 18 so he has a lot more experience than we do in-game. Most of the in-game characters age around 18 to 30. Don't forget that he probably did some exercise for his other two 'guns'.

Another video of a highly trained military shooting the M24 while ducked.
As you can see, the M24 gives quite a big kickback. Note that the man shooting this is highly trained with shooting this firearm, he knows what he's doing. Even a highly trained military struggles with the M24. Just wait until you see the M82.

The kickback is even higher, this is while LYING down. Imagine shooting this while ducked and holding it in your hands. You can't. It will probably fly out of your hands going somewhere you don't want it to go. In-game we shoot the M82 while STANDING up. No, just no. The gun will fly away probably breaking your shoulder aswell.

I do not know much about the M82 but I've shot a M24 myself and I know the kickback is pretty big. They asked me if I wanted to do it ducked but I refused because of the kickback.

Why I made this post?
Well, because people are shooting snipers in a highly unrealstic way. Not being able to shoot lying down in-game makes it almost impossible to shoot a M82 but let's say the ducking in-game is kind off lying down.
I think it should be enforced how people are shooting sniper rifles in-game. Sometimes it's just highly unrealistic how they do it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
You can rate me whatever you want but it doesn't change MY opinion.

Edit:
This is not because of losing the bank robbery making me lose an AK-47. I have enough of those. It just impacted my roleplay experience.

Reaction score
So you made a thread complaining about how you die to snipers? Then don't do stuff that can get you killed by one. For example going up against a 4 man swat team. One will have a sniper so don't run out in the open.

Its simple really.

This is Garry's Mod, not Arma 3.

Reaction score
There is probably a lot more videos of you shooting a M82 trying to defend a house or quickly shooting a M82 within 2 seconds of each shot.

Reaction score
There is probably a lot more videos of you shooting a M82 trying to defend a house or quickly shooting a M82 within 2 seconds of each shot.

You claim all of this is unrealistic but one search on youtube and I came across this.

Reaction score
Just going to put this in;

The idea of this game, and the purpose and intention of these rules, is to recreate real life to an enjoyable extent;
I mean it really depends on the situation and in the end everything in this gamemode cannot be fully realistic.

Reaction score
Normal cops raiding bases with 9mm handguns vs AK47s isn't very realistic either but it happens. This sounds like you're just salty about losing a police raid more than anything.