Add Bipods to Snipers?

Reaction score
Main Idea: Add Bipods to Snipers

Full description of the idea: Basically, For those who don't know what Bipods are in terms of weaponry, it is the stand which goes on the front of your sniper which greatly helps with sniping, The reason I want this to be added is not because I want snipers to be easier to shoot but because the snipers are currently unrealistic. What I mean by this is that you can't really shoot an M82/Anti Material Rifle while standing up. Well, Maybe some people can but it would hurt like a bitch and even some cases break your arm and it would be really hard to hide targets. What I am suggesting that if bipods were to be added, Make it so that the recoil lowers about 10-25% and then make the gun more accurate and have less spread. However, Change it so that firing without a bipod and standing up will increase the recoil by 20-40% and maybe the gun more inaccurate and have more spread. Obviously, this would differ between snipers. For example, the M24 would be a lot easier to shoot standing up without a bipod than an M82 or AI AS50.

Why should it be added?: Because currently the way snipers are fired it is very unrealistic and uncommon and would do a lot of damage to an average human body, Adding bipods allows for more accuracy and a higher chance of success, however, shooting it while standing would have a lower chance.

Pros: Another attachment to put on your sniper
Increases the chances of successfully killing your target
Should be easy to use
You will no longer break your arm
Less sniping cops on the street

Cons: Increasing the recoil may trigger some people.
Less M82s being brought on raids
You would have to model and code this
Could be OP?

*Other additions:
I would like everyone to reply to this and tell me what they think as it's a topic with lots of ups and downs. I was talking to @Taylor about this so after thinking about it I decided to create a discussion to see what everyone else thought.

HBLS.jpg
LT-20BAB_2.jpg
Products11672-560x374-482688.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem is what would you mount it on? From my irl experience with bipods in airsoft they just weigh the gun down, plus the sport (like PERP) is too fast paced. Plus theres not any practical places to mount it either, maybe a low wall or your bonnet but then you might damage the paintwork.

Reaction score
Absorbing the kick of a .50 cal round, staying accurate AND standing is ridiculous. I can agree with this suggestion to an extent, the M24 should not be that hard of a kick in comparison. On top of that, the weight of the rifles is drastically different. The M82 has almost three times the mass at 14kg (in comparison to 5.4kg). I don't think Taylor would be too happy with this suggestion.

The only problem (as @jimmythehamster has pointed out) is, how would this be implemented? There are not many places that the sniper could mount on. Most places that I can think of won't really give the bipod much of an advantage.

Reaction score
I love the idea, but there is NEVER enough time to place it on a prop/low wall or a barricade

i also love the pictures