Server Suggestion Splint Rework

Max

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Splint Rework
Suggestion Description: this was discussed previously in a discord thread by @Efan but has seemingly died out and has been forgotten so I want to bring it back into the spotlight as currently the cripple system is very annoying and impossible to combat in most situations. when splints were made a thing I thought this would change but splints don't really do much of anything.

the three solutions suggested previously were;

1- Increase the time to heal considerably but it auto fixes
2- It has the same effect as now but takes 2-3 to apply fully and fix your legs
3- Temporarily allow you full movement for a short period of time before crippling you again.

personally I believe that the 1st one is the best solution as it makes the most sense to just be able to use a healing item to fix a health issue

Why should this be added?:
- current crippling system ruins a lot of the enjoyment from shootouts as the second you are crippled you are almost guaranteed to lose

- it will make the splint actually useful

- rewards the prepared player

What negatives could this have?:
- I can't think of any personally

Useful Images:

Max

Reaction score
I can't add a poll for the solutions if someone wants to do that!!!!! :D

Reaction score
@Madda is already working on this, he's just been quite busy recently. Be interested to see some more opinions on it however.

Reaction score
Really good ideas, currently the crippled system makes it almost impossible to continue in combat whilst crippled.
I'd say the 1st one is the best option out the three.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Splint Rework
Suggestion Description: this was discussed previously in a discord thread by @Efan but has seemingly died out and has been forgotten so I want to bring it back into the spotlight as currently the cripple system is very annoying and impossible to combat in most situations. when splints were made a thing I thought this would change but splints don't really do much of anything.

the three solutions suggested previously were;

1- Increase the time to heal considerably but it auto fixes
2- It has the same effect as now but takes 2-3 to apply fully and fix your legs
3- Temporarily allow you full movement for a short period of time before crippling you again.

personally I believe that the 1st one is the best solution as it makes the most sense to just be able to use a healing item to fix a health issue

Why should this be added?:
- current crippling system ruins a lot of the enjoyment from shootouts as the second you are crippled you are almost guaranteed to lose

- it will make the splint actually useful

- rewards the prepared player

What negatives could this have?:
- I can't think of any personally

Useful Images:
i personally think that cripples should be permanent

Reaction score
Splints have been changed:

* Running or jumping while having a splint on no longer harms you. Instead, a splint will nearly fully fix your legs, but only last for 10 minutes. So you still need a medic or go to the hospital to get them fully fixed
* They have a 15-minute cooldown (Or 5 if you count from when it stopped working)
* Runspeed has been increased while splinted (0.6 --> 0.9)
* Walk speed has been increased while splinted (0.8 --> 0.9)

Credit to @Madda for this update!