Community Suggestion Staff application public or private

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Staff application public or private
Suggestion Description: In the recent community spotlight, it was acknowledged that staff applications are becoming private to encourage people to apply without fear of posting their applications. This suggestion aims to offer an alternative and an opportunity for people who wish to receive feedback from the community in what way and how they could continually improve

Why should this be added?:
- Optional transparency
- Integration into the community and conflict resolution through taking criticism

What negatives could this have?:
- Biased comments? (Was already being enforced actively by staff before)
- May not be possible to implement forum-wise?

What problem would this suggestion solve?: It's not right to deem this as a problem, but an opportunity as stated above

I much prefer it to be private, historically the applications became a shit flinging contest for people that were not liked with anyone elses feedback other then staff not really being taken into account anyway

Since the staff applications have gone private, are there any new staff members you feel your comment would have changed the outcome?

Edit, this isn’t just for valentine but for everyone in the community.

Let me say this, maybe I didn't iterate it too openly, but the suggestion is so that you can choose to make the application private or public, it's a personal preference to take criticism from community members, may or may not intervene with staff discretion, but personally, the comments provided guidance on how I could improve beforehand

If you want public feedback you can always create a general discussion thread.
In the application, people highlight their qualities and the promises of commitment they are bringing, to be able to constructively criticize them you need to read their statements before evaluating and responding, and this is the critical point of making proper use of an application thread

The point is, staff observe the user applying in-game, through help and support, f6's, help chat and general demeanor.
When staff apps were visible to all, it'd turn into a showdown of who could come up with the worst excuse for a person who doesn't deserve the hate.
If staff feel the need to see what other players think of them, they will contact the individuals needed.
I feel this gives more of a chance for the lesser known players in the community to have a shot.

I was glad they were public, no chance I would’ve got staff if it wasn’t for the 30 goobers supporting me

I see no issue in allowing it to be the discretion of the applicant whether they want to apply publicly or privately. Applying privately has it's pros due to people being nervous to apply or just not caring about what the general community has to say, but alternatively if someone is seeking a more wide array of feedback, a public application allows all types of players to leave their thoughts and help the strive for improvement.

Possibly this could be implemented by just having a seperate category within Staff Applications for public apps? (I have no idea how the forums work so that might be way more difficult that it sounds).

The issue is that 99/100 feedback comments are "+1 nice guy" or "this guy is funny +1" and isnt actually constructive in most if not almost all cases.

Suggestion Title: Staff application public or private
Suggestion Description: In the recent community spotlight, it was acknowledged that staff applications are becoming private to encourage people to apply without fear of posting their applications. This suggestion aims to offer an alternative and an opportunity for people who wish to receive feedback from the community in what way and how they could continually improve

Why should this be added?:
- Optional transparency
- Integration into the community and conflict resolution through taking criticism

What negatives could this have?:
- Biased comments? (Was already being enforced actively by staff before)
- May not be possible to implement forum-wise?

What problem would this suggestion solve?: It's not right to deem this as a problem, but an opportunity as stated above
I think the applications should be public at the end of the day you are applying for a role to give back to the community and improve the experience of players. That community should be able to voice their opinion but as some have already mentioned people often provide non-constructive advice.

I have had my fair share of applications over the years and learnt a lot from the feedback where people's interactions with me have been less than desirable and this has changed my behaviour so the feedback if the person is willing is extremely valuable!

I do equally see the value in having less pressure on the application if it isn't successful but the advantages of getting constructive feedback from the community outweighs it to me