Police Suggestion Stop demoting people over bans that had nothing to do with their PLPD actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
Stop demoting non-supervisor ranked officers to civilian or officer over community bans unless they are permanent or more than 7 months. In the event of Corporal+'s being demoted, they should receive the rank of senior officer and remain in divisions such as Traffic, dispatch and TFU.

Currently with the last ban wave I noticed some members were bumped all the way down to civilian and had TFU Ranks taken from them. What's the point in doing that? There are no activity requirements for TFU, dispatch or Traffic (As far as I'm aware).

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- People don't lose PD progress over a fairly long ban.
- Makes no sense as is.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- In the event of division policy changes, the officer in question might not be made aware of changes upon returning. (However this boils down to fault of the officer for not rechecking to re-familiarise themselves)
Other additions:​

Reaction score
I feel that any ban under 6 months should not warrant the removal of PD rank unless the ban was PD related. To be honest, just because someone breaks rules as a civilian, it doesn't mean they're Police Department ranks that they have worked hard for should be revoked.

Deleted member 5577

it's easy to get around, for example, I made an LOA for being banned and they said they were thinking about it because they might not since its for a ban and then I closed that and made up some bullshit and got an LOA approved anyway they don't really check it's not hard to get around lol

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is, if you're banned for 6months you can't play on the server so what's the point of being in PD? All you can really do is PLPD administrative work and go on the training server.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Can I have an insight onto why the poll was removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.