Police Suggestion Your opinions: TFTO Requirement changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

Reducing the Requirements to become a Tactical Firearms Trainer to Senior Officers, and instead making it a requirement that people cannot Join Tactical Firearms Training until they have been in TFU for at least 1 month since they came off of probation or since last infraction.

I bought this up in our 2021 Meeting with SMT, And we decided that we should make a post on the forums asking for your opinions!

Currently the TFTO Requirements are:
Corporal
TFU
1 month since last infraction
1 month since last ban as cop
1 week since last warning as cop.

These proposed changes will make said requirements the following:
Senior Officer
TFU For 1+ Month since probation period expired
1 month since last infraction
1 month since last ban as cop
1 week since last warning as cop.

I'm not gonna beat around the bush when I say not all, but in the past, we had people go straight from TFU To TFTO Within a short time period of getting TFU, and most Tactical Firearms Officers who did so were absolutely fine as trainers.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- A far more sensible idea.
- People who's interests within the PD lie solely with TFU Itself who wish to be trainers can do so at senior officer rank.
- Senior officers don't have any observation report or in game activity requirements and therefor would be more likely to find the spare time to hop on the server.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- People who would make adequate trainers having to wait a month or longer if a cycle for TFTO is not timed alongside TFU Cycles (rarely happens if ever as TFTO's are practically assessed now)
- Possible huge influx of trainers which may result in Quartermaster @TinySlayer having to pay a shitload of people every month.

Reaction score
I agree with this, trainers at points is a big problem and there are many TFU officers that are ranked senior officer that could perform the role of trainer extremely well.

Reaction score
Yeah, SO is a good rank for Officers to show they are ready to go into an Administrative rank within the Pd, just like RTU.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Accepted.

Rank requirement for TFTO has been reduced to Senior Officer, and role requirement will be changed to 1 Month since TFU Without incident / probation expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.