Stop dragging when hands aren't free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post:
Main Idea: Make Officers stop dragging a suspect when they have something in their hands.

Full description of the idea: Make it that when dragging a suspect if you equip or change from your fists to something else the dragging will stop and the suspect will be free to run.

Why should it be added?: Currently, when dragging someone you are able to do many things like pulling a gun out or handcuff other people and this makes no sense. This would stop people being dragged into situation and risk because an Officer is holding a suspect and shooting people at the same time.

Pros:
  • Not going to be really annoying while being dragged in a shootout.
  • Can actually protect yourself rather than getting dragged into things
  • No risk of doing harm to your friend by mistake because cop won't let them go.

Cons: None?

Reaction score
I feel this should be a rule/policy thing and not a mechanic limiting thing.

it's very possible(or realistic, depending how you view this) to hold someone by cuffs and do something else. What if you're trying to drag someone out of bazaar? yes you can call backup but smacking people with a nightstick to clear the way is easier to let him go, smack some people and then wonder where the hell your suspect went

Reaction score
I support this completely. Too many times officer continue to drag civilians into danger or end up using them as a human shield while shooting.
The only thing that I could add to this is that people can still be dragged when keys are equipped in the hands of the officer so they can unlock doors and walk normally and such.

Reaction score
accepted.jpg
(ish)​

Status
Not open for further replies.