Force a suspect in a police vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/force-a-suspect-in-a-police-vehicle.22426/

Main idea:
Police are given more control over a suspect when they are placed into handcuffs by allowing the police to force the handcuffed suspect into the police car.

Description: When an officer handcuffs a suspect and wants to take them into their car, but they choose to resist (new to the server/minges) and not get in the car, they can simply click R with their fists out while looking at the police car and dragging the suspect, which would place the suspect in the back of the police vehicle and have the officer auto-print a message saying "/me forces the suspect into the back of the vehicle." The action would only work on handcuffed persons who are right next to the police car whom the officer is dragging. This should not work on regular cars, only on police cars.

Another note, if someone is forced into a vehicle, they cannot exit the vehicle themselves, they must be forcefully taken out by an officer in the same fashion. The officer would look at the car door with his fists our, click R on the door and be given a menu to force the suspect out of the car. This allows for multiple suspects to be removed at one time. Or the officer could simply use his battering ram. But this addition would help for the people who choose to run out of a vehicle when the officer gets out, it keeps them stuck inside which is more realistic.

Why should it be added?: To prevent FailRP and to allow RP to continue for those who choose to minge around. It significantly helps the police department in their duties and would be simply more helpful then having to drag a person all the way to jail from the bazzar and having every car trying to run you over on the way there.

Pros:
  • Would help the police for people who don't want to follow the rules and roleplay.
  • Allows for more control over suspects.

Cons:
  • None which I can see.
Thanks to @jimmythehamster for your input.

Reaction score
As stated in the discussion it may be vital to allow people to resist in case of people going police to abuse civilians. This would be similar to the searching system and officers of rank should be able to bypass the consent pop-up box.

Reaction score
This would mean you can not exit the car with out help of the officer. So for example. If my friends soot the officer to brake me free. 'Steal his keys' And than type /me opens the door of the car. I am still not capible of exiting the car.
The /me function works fine. And if people not comply just report them.

Reaction score
// phone //
Just having the system to force them into the car seems fine but I can see where Alliat is coming from, maybe forcing criminals to use a lockpick or crowbar to get their friend s out of a car but a car alarm goes on the radio (a police car at x is being lock picked) as they would probably have anti tampering devices.

Reaction score
List with cons. I can think off.
-not cabible of freeing your friends
-police abuse
-Lot of effort to make it work
(/me function works fine)
-People can still put you in even when they don't say /me opens the door of the police car.
-You can not escape if they forget to close the door.

Reaction score
As stated in the discussion it may be vital to allow people to resist in case of people going police to abuse civilians. This would be similar to the searching system and officers of rank should be able to bypass the consent pop-up box.
If we can trust un-whitelisted officers with ability to,
  • Shoot you,
  • Put you in jail for 10 years,
  • Drive around in an 80 MPH metal death machine,
  • Become SWAT and shoot more people (with better guns and more armour),
  • Give out tickets,
  • And give testimony which can land you in jail for 10 years and a 10,000 dollar fine,
then I think we can trust them with the ability to put you in a car.

This seems like an unnecessary restriction which could be easily be abused by criminals such as "oops I pressed no by accident and my friend shot you in the back of the head".
If an officer is abusing this then post an AR or make a report.

Last edited:
Reaction score
some people dont follow the /me commands , forcing the suspect inside the police car would be amazing idea

Last edited:
Reaction score
Previous discussion when we were creating the modern PD was when you pressed R on a handcuffed individual, it would give you some functions, such as; drag, search and place in vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.