Story for Uni

Reaction score
So, recently i have gotten interviews etc from uni's, and i'm required to bring 2 pieces of written work with me to show what i can do. I'm thinking of writing a story, first making a storyboard then writing a script and a formal story, i really don't care what genre it is. I'm making this thread to ask for help with ideas, since the deadline is January 5th i really don't have a crazy amount of time to think, so asking for help will be quicker and better.

Reply with whatever ideas you can think of, i don't care if it's retarded so long as it's relevant and will actually help me with writing. If someone provides something that really helps i'll consider giving away some guns i have lying around ingame.

Reaction score
Write from the bottom of your heart dude, write a dead cool ass story about perp that shows how dead you are inside but it will be the most insane action based story ever. good luck dude

Reaction score
rip off the story of your favorite anime and watch your proctor unknowingly love the story for an anime and make him a weeb without him knowing he is now one

Reaction score
In a more serious reply where it isn't so obvious we're all dead inside;

What type of stories do you like in real life already? Action, Drama or whatever, it's obviously something essential when doing a good story, writing about something that you like and you're really good at.

Reaction score
Alternative history- I have exams this year, and we have a speech part in latvian. My speech is about alt history, " what if germany won ww1" . Took a lot of inspiration from kaiserreich, hoi4 mod.
Alt history is a good topic, since you can make up/imagine a lot of it.

M

Reaction score
What are you applying for
[DOUBLEPOST=1513610558,1513610428][/DOUBLEPOST]Don't bother

Reaction score
I wish I could give you some ideas, but in my experience when it comes to writing, you gotta just find the time to experiment with anything that pops into your head really.

Though it may not work, you could try turn an experience from PERP into a short story. (obviously an actual roleplay experience that has potential, not just that time when you and your mates powergrowed for six hours straight then got raided by cops and won.)

If you are going to take that route though, use what actually happened as a guideline, not a manual. If something doesn't work, adapt it, and if it doesn't work then, just cut it.

And lastly, try use big boy words as much as possible, but only ones that fit well, don't force them in, also try not to repeat words in sentences unless you can't avoid it, etc.

Reaction score
Yeah write about PERP, I'm sure the interviewer will adore the story of some 13 year old screaming at a cop because his hypercar got sprayed down for a minor traffic violation.

Reaction score
Write a story about the time that you asked a community of 13 year olds for advice on the written part of your uni interview.
If you want extra points, admit it's a true story and then turn that shit into an essay.

Now your interviewer will either think that you're a complete fucking moron, or some genius mastermind.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Copy the plot to the film "Shutter Island" like I did for my English GCSE exam and got an A* for it. WJEC master race.

Probably get denied for plagarism to be fair.

Reaction score
Write about some metal detecting shit that’s real cool how you found a WW1 tank.

I have some family stories of mine which are interesting if you want to do something about that.