Server Suggestion [Suggestion] Chest Labels & Sorting of Chests in storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Chest Labels & Sorting of Chests in storage.
Suggestion Description:
Add visible labels (similar to drug planters) for chests.
The label would be visible on the long side of the chest.
A chest's label would persist even when picked up, put into storage and placed down again.
------
Adding a similar method of sorting chests that ammo boxes uses for sorting through ammo boxes with more/less bullets, where you can peek at the contents of the chest from inside storage.

The contents of a chest cannot be altered without placing the chest first, then opening it.

Edit:
To clarify what I mean; hovering over ammo boxes shows individual ammo boxes and the remaining bullets in them. My proposal is to do the same for chests, where you can hover over the chests, you'll get a box with individual chests, and hovering over one will open a window that lets you peek into its contents.

Why should this be added?:
- QoL for crafters who use chests for sorting crafted items and orders for people.
- Makes sorting chests much easier when you have over 20 of them that you actively use.
- Increased usage of chests. (primarily for crafters)

What negatives could this have?:
- Offensive labels some "creative" individuals might create.

Useful Images:
cDBohfU.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
This needs to be added so badly. I've had it happen to me numerous times, put some items for delivery into a chest. However I can't carry that many so I have to put them in with the rest of my chest, basically forcing me to spawn 20+ chests when i deliver items to a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.