K19 - replace the automatic /me for opening chests (idea 75/176)

Reaction score
NOTICE: Why are you all disagreeing? Please explain.

Topic:
Storage chests, trunks and automatic /mes.

Short explanation (in notes):
- Remove the /me that shows up when opening chests (not trunk)
- Replace it with one that appears when player puts something in the chest and also trunk
- Make it show up only once after opening the chest (if you put 1, 5 or 500 drugs in the chest, it will only play once, the first time you place them inside).

Reasons:
The /me we have plays when someone opens a storage chest.
-it's not forbidden to open and close it without using it
-it's not forbidden to take something out; only to put something in
-/mes for opening as well as putting something inside would spam the chat (but trunks need /mes anyway)

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
/me puts something in the storage chest / trunk / their personal chest (for personal chests)
The reason for it is that it will actually make us know if someone put something in his chest/trunk.
3 real examples:
1: I was raiding the Hicktown with the police a year ago. We saw a /me saying that someone was opening his storage chest. We weren't sure if he's putting something inside but made a /report. Can administrators find out if someone put something inside a chest? I think not.
2: I open chests during raids all the time. To take more barricades, more ammo, more magazines, more bandages or even a better weapon.
3: A lieutenant pulled over a sweatervest 2-3 days ago. The newbie didn't want to drop his drugs. After dropping some he told us he had more in his car and opened the trunk. We had no idea what he was actually doing.

Need any more reasons? It's very important. The /me we have right now isn't too helpful when compared to what I'm suggesting... you can imagine why. What I'm suggesting is one that would let other players know if someone is putting something inside the container. Opening it and taking stuff out doesn't need /mes, but could use animations. Except trunks for now - opening car trunks needs /mes.
I'll post an animation-specific list later.

Optional additions:
Make different /mes for different items, for example:
-/me puts a weapon in the trunk / chest
-/me puts small bags in the trunk / chest
-/me puts a prop in the trunk / chest

If it doesn't have an animation yet, add a simple animation which shows up when someone opens a trunk (the one that plays when a player picks something up or a new one - like lifting something up with two hands).

NOTICE: Why are you all disagreeing? Please explain.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The /me opens trunk and storage chest is not only helpful for players but also very helpful for staff members, as a player it's nice as you can see if someone is opening the storage and know when to report them, also to see why someone is not responding to you. As a staff member you can see; Oh this guy is about to either get something out or move something in so they don't loose it.

Reaction score
No, Daymon. It's not helpful because someone can open the chest and close it without moving anything. Or open it and take something out, which is allowed. Same with trunks.

I see that you've missed my point by about... 100%.
/ME THAT SHOWS UP WHEN SOMEONE PUTS SOMETHING IN THE STORAGE because taking stuff out is allowed and opening it without using it is also allowed, right?

EDIT: as I've added in the optional additions - if there isn't an animation for opening storage chests, one can be added. Problem solved.

Last edited: