Server Suggestion Sweater cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Sweater cops
Suggestion Description: Making new players not being able to join the police force before they have 3 days playtime, as they barely understand the thing about being an officer.

Why should this be added?:
- So you don't get pulled over by a sweater and you are in jail for something that should be a ticket 5 min after.
- to give them a chance to better understand what it is to be "a cop".

What negatives could this have?:
- Sweaters are unhappy about waiting for the police force.

Reaction score
I suggest maybe putting them in a probationary officer then rank up to patrol officer would be a better suggestions.
This was a thing and it required over 20 people to be hired to run assessments to gain the rank of officer, where like 10 people a session would be trying out for officer. It was a resource and time intensive task and deterred like 40% of players from joining the pd to begin with and created the whole “cop main” vs “crim main” divide.

Reaction score
As Bnej said, this was a thing before and it didn't really work well, new players would join and not have a lot to do. Big orgs would turn them down and they couldn't join the PD without doing a long process of PO to Officer
Maybe the exam can just be expanded a bit so officers really have to pay attention to it?

Reaction score
This was a thing and it required over 20 people to be hired to run assessments to gain the rank of officer, where like 10 people a session would be trying out for officer. It was a resource and time intensive task and deterred like 40% of players from joining the pd to begin with and created the whole “cop main” vs “crim main” divide.
What about given the sweater PO Rank then after i.e 3 hours play time as a officer, then he can do the quiz and apply for patrol officer?

Works just like how it currently are, but adding a pre-requisition, before given a weapon and vehicle? Which also reduce people just start MRDM after passing his quiz.

Reaction score
I remember joining perp and the police roleplay was the first thing that caught my attention. Servers that required a minimum of x of playtime were servers i usually left instantly. Servers that do this usually have it as the only means of progression. I feel like it's very ofputting for new players to join if they experience this.

MassRDM is a non issue anyways, people will buy a gun instead if they join just to MassRDM. Even then it takes like 5 godstick swings to fix?

Reaction score
Denied

Everyone has the chance to be police, a big point of the game mode is to be able to do so.

Also putting this into context, if you only play an hour a day which is pretty normal for most players this means they would (taken they play everyday)
It would take them 72 days to be able to play as police.

If you mean 3 days since first connection this will also not improve their performance. Just to be early probationary first was implemented for a while and not received well.

Status
Not open for further replies.