The possible revoking of 4.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I really don't like the fact that rule 4.14 was recently implemented on the server. I feel it limits the RolePlay as a Police Officer as I always enjoyed capital punishment RP and sometimes it felt like the most realistic thing to do under some situations, as the max sentence you can administer is 10 years (OOCly 10 minutes) which seems like a pretty petty sentence for someone who has say, killed several officers in cold blood or other large offenses.

While you can RP putting them in for life, it always seemed best to have them put to death. Before this rule was implemented, I used to put the suspect against the wall at the back of the jail and then simply shoot him, then take him up and allow a medic to dispose of the body. While I can see the lack of gas chamber being an issue with capital punishment, I believe my methods keep it fairly realistic. Even if you don't like this, we could just RP a lethal injection and then OOCly kill him.

Further more, this rule seems pretty pointless. From what I see the rules, much like the real worlds laws, are in place to protect people from unfair treatment and keep things realistic for all players, I agree with nearly all rules apart from this one as they present a victim who is having their RP hindered unfairly which is why there's a rule against it. But this rule seems to only hinder police RP. The rule has no real victim to it who is having their RP experience destroyed by the rule. Hell, I'd argue that criminal seeking realistic criminal RP should be in favor of this as it gives them a more realistic punishment then the simple 10 years.

I hope you can bring it back!

Reaction score
Rutger Cornfield said:
- support. The rule is in place because often capital punishment is done unrealistically.
Still, I do not feel the fact that it is not always done right is a reason to completely block off a nice aspect of RP. FailRP rules pretty much already have you covered, If you feel it was done unrealistically it can be reported to an admin and they can sort it out for you. I don't see why this deserves to be stopped just because it can sometimes be difficult to do. This server does aim to be Serious RP and I do not feel it right to stop players with enough experience to do things like this just because a majority perhaps cannot do it correctly. To me this seems like we are trying to simplify our servers and while I do enjoy our fairly casual approach to RP, we should not simply allow experienced RPers to not explore new types of RP.

It almost feels like we're giving in to the minges when we do this, will we ban killing other players next because alot of killings can be unjust and vast overreactions giving the situation that they happened in? I doubt it, and while there is a difference between these two things I still feel that this is just a bad reason.

Why should I have my RP restricted just because some have troubles doing the RP? If you feel unable to do it, then do not do it. Further more, we have a police chief who will know exactly what to do and will make good calls when it come to this.

I doubt people do this to purposefully FailRP as if you simply feel like RDMing you can just join the police and shoot people outside so what we perhaps need is to make sure people get approved from LT, perhaps have him present when it happens but this should not be banned for a reason as simple as, some cannot do it correctly.

Reaction score
Going to the back of the PD and shooting someone in the head is not realistic, especially when the swat officer fires a full mag into the person which is what normally happens, the rule is in place to stop failrp and seen as most of the people playing police are not experienced RPers this will not be removed.

Reaction score
- support.

Like others have said I've seen people countless times spraying a whole magazine into somebody's head, then continuing to fire at the corpse. Having this rule prevents fail role players and I think it should stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.