Vehicle Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Add a function which allows police to search vehicles, for example by using R with fists equipped. This should have a loading bar similar to lockpicking, and should take about 10-20 seconds. This is because realistically it takes like 1-2 hours at least to effectively search a vehicle.

Why should this be added? (pros): Police officers can already search vehicles legally, there is just no functionality to perform it. A more complete searching system

What negatives could this have? (cons): Misuse, this feature should be limited to Corporal, otherwise it requires the user to accept the consent popup.

*Other additions: [list here]

Reaction score
To clarify, I believe if anything viewing should be added if that’s what most people agree on. But I think confiscating should be possible at a certain rank, or even allow staff to do this if you can’t trust corporals or sergeants. Maybe require a search warrant to remove items?

It is not practicable to ask people to screenshot their trunks to prove it

Reaction score
The question here is “would” an officer take a gun from someone’s trunk illegally? What game mechanics would be in place to prevent this from happening?

Reaction score
@Sossa what tyla is saying is that:
  • Search the trunk.
  • Check for any illegal items that are LINKED to the crime.
  • They must leave the narcotics in the car if they spot some (Stops aids confiscations)
I don't see an issue with this suggestion but I'm 50/50, as some people say, it might be prone to abuse.

Reaction score
@Alyt I think corporals only, should suffice. If a corporal decides to confiscate a gun illegally then there clearly is an issue with their Law and Policy Knowledge which would be passed to Primary Command, and an IA complaint if the person wishes to.

Reaction score
@BigBenji when they say close to the car, They mean directly a next to it. Even then, a officer shouldn't be doing that during a raid as it would be classed as 3.4 I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
@LilChicken And how would you know? You have been banned since the 9th of February. Your account on PLPD.online is gone and you hardly even come on to do anything other than minge around.

Reaction score
Only problem I see is that some Officer will definitely use this system just to take random guns if no one around if confiscating in this suggestion is implied. I'd be up to actually be able to search the trunk but not be able to take anything out of it at all no matter the rank. Imagine your shit getting taken while you're in your apartment and someone decides to go up and take everything out without even sending a notification to your screen on what got taken, it's like MrAaron trunk stealing all over again.

Lock the trunk to make it unable to be searched when there is currently someone in the driver seat, the engine is turned on or if the owner isn't nearby within 5 meters (which could be problematic e.g. had some sits where police actually towed the car to search it, idk you decide).

Sam

Reaction score
Accepted-ish

A discussion within SA needs to held in regards to this, there are four ways to implement this.
1) Allow Police Officers to search and confiscate items in trunks
2) Allow Police Officers to search and take items out of trunks
3) Allow Police Officers to search trunks
4) Only allow staff to search trunks via the godstick

All options have good and bad sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.