Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @AwesomeGamersHQ
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: MimonBaraka
Your Roleplay Name: John Gegener
Your SteamID: STEAM_1:1:62084512

Why were you punished?: for breaking rule 2.1 and 3.6

Why should this appeal be considered?: A harsh punishment for something that didnt even seem dangerous to me in the first place. I'm used to not dying in GMOD when jumping into water from any height, so I had no idea that I would die. Now I'm smarter, but it's literally my first warning for something that didn’t even seem dangerous to me in the first place. I also stated several times that i didn't knew that i would die because of that.

Additional Information: There was a dead police officer down there, and my ambulance was broken, so I jumped down to revive him. But nope, I just got a death screen.

Attachments

• image (6).png
    image (6).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • image (3).png
    image (3).png
    145.8 KB · Views: 24
  • image (4).png
    image (4).png
    119.1 KB · Views: 24
  • image (5).png
    image (5).png
    62.4 KB · Views: 24

You admit to doing the thing the warning describes, which is indeed a rulebreak.

A warning is not a harsh punishment. It does not do anything beyond serve as a written denotation of a rulebreak. Theres no "Warning limits" or anything that means this warning is anything more than just proof you've broken a rule in a very specific way once before. If you disagree with the nature of the punishment, you should make a staff complaint instead. A warning cannot be "disputed" if it was issued on disagreeable circumstances, only if the validity of the warning itself is incorrect. You are claiming that the warning is not proportionate to the act itself, which is not the purpose of the dispute form.

As it stands, jumping off of the bridge because you didn't think it'd kill you disregards 2.1 and 3.6. It would be an immensely dangerous act with a significant fatality chance in real life, which is also replicated in game. The 2.1 and 3.6 here stands.

Reviewed with @Scoot and @Megasaw

Last edited:
Back