Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @AwesomeGamersHQ
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: Liboy12gamer
Your Roleplay Name: Nathan Parker
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:140044751

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: I was warned for breaking NLR. I am disputing this.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Hello. I was recently warned for breaking NLR. I guess you could say that this would count as a rule change suggestion too.

I had been killed in my apartment. When I respawned I went back to the apartment. I went back to craft things to sell and so on. While inside, someone broke in and RDMed me and my friend. I made a report about it and a mod saw in my clip the NLR timer. They asked about it and I explained what happened. They told me that was against the rules. I am disputing this because the rules are a little unclear here.

To quote the rules, "When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life." The confusion can be found in the first sentence where it says "and/or." I understood this rule that as long as I don't go back while there is a gunfight, police inspection, EMS, or etc, I don't interact with the scene that happened beforehand like grabbing my weapon from when I died, and acting like it was a new life (which I did you can ask my friend) then I am allowed back to my apartment.

The mod told me this is untrue. In this case, the "and/or" only counts as a "and." The "and" means that I am not allowed back and can not interact. The "or" would state that I am allowed back as long as I don't interact with the scene before or I am not allowed back but can interact (so after my NLR is over I guess?).

Either way, I think you can tell where I am confused and why the rule should be rewritten to fix this and for my warring to be removed. If you need more clarification then please reply and I will get back to you quickly (as long as I'm not at work). Thank you.

A1L

Reaction score

I think it's clear from the rule wording that this is not allowed, unsure how exactly you misinterpreted it this bad when it gives you a notification to leave your NLR and even the top of your screen saying you are too close.

'When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation.'

Pretty much tells you in there that either return or interact, still unsure where you are getting mixed up with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.