Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Oddy
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: GSOLAR
Your Roleplay Name: Gus Pope (used to be Jacob Pope)
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:5591268

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.5 - Killed two visibly unarmed players in a raid on the presumption that there might be more players inside the property that were visibly armed.

Why should this appeal be considered?: When I raided church and found drugs in the backroom, I thought it was safe to assume that the defenders would be armed. The defenders apparently didn't hear me. But from my POV it sounded like they were gathering to open the room, I was in, to kill me.

When I aimed at the door and they opened I clearly saw a dude out of my vision (to the left) with only his cap showing a little bit. Even if I would've tried to verbally speak to the first dude, that could result in me getting shot by his mates.

I know how 2.5 works. But I really don't understand how it could apply here. My record of punishments is relatively clean compared to the hours played so I really think this warning is invalid. I'd gladly take a warning for a true rulebreak but this one feels off.

Additional Information: Go to 1:00 on the yt vid

Reaction score

Assumptions cannot be made when raiding, you must confirm with absolute certainty that they are armed before shooting.

The individuals you killed weren't even aware of your presence, all they did was try to walk in the back to storage, no weapons drawn, showing no threat.
This would have been a good chance for you to approach this differently, a great opportunity to mug them.

In the future try to give verbal commands first before shooting. Try to assess the situation first before unnecessarily escalating it.

Reviewed with @steelo

Status
Not open for further replies.