Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Scoot
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: Vaporized
Your Roleplay Name: Thomas Kazuma
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:59726136

Why were you punished?: 3.4- User failed to follow commands at gunpoint, ignoring their surroundings, resulting in their death

Why should this appeal be considered?: So I remember hearing a lockpick which I then proceed to make a 911 report. I never heard a door open so I assumed it wasn't mine. When he was talking, it sounded like he was further away so I also assumed it was right above me. The next thing was that he never stepped in front of me. I wish he did because I would have followed commands. I'll provide a video in which you can't hear a door opening and his voice is a bit silent which would lead me to assume it wasn't me being raided, and right towards the end you can see me finally see him and about to cooperate but he shoots me beforehand. I apologized to the person and explained that if they walked in front of me and showed me that they were gun pointing me, I would have been more than happy to cooperate. I just did not see them, hear them walking to me, or even hear their voices that loud leading me to believe that they were in the apartment above me. I also wanted to point out that in his clip, he's clearly sprinting very loudly, but in my clip, you can't hear that. I'm not sure why but like I said, I would have been more than happy to cooperate if I just knew I was being raided/mugged. I know he gave me a chance but just as I looked at him, he shot me dead. I'm really sorry. I swear it's just a misunderstanding.

Additional Information: https://medal.tv/?contentId=iDpQQ7Q7wwa3Owgfr&invite=cr-MSxQMzUsMzY4NjcyNSw&spok=d1337c9ldoFu - his clip.

I think a warning is a bit excessive. The staff member who warned me said I should go investigate lockpicking but why would I do that when I don't have anything to defend myself... I'd be putting myself in danger no matter what. This situation was just confusing and a warning seems extremely excessive considering what I experienced vs what the other person experienced.

You quite obviously admitted to knowing about the potential raid by calling 911 about it, then not hearing the crowbarring is your personal problem. Why you didn't at least attempt to look around when you heard people talking and ordering you to put your hands up it quite honestly beyond me.

Reviewed with @GP @JoeyThings @JuJu @peeps @Snusmus @Tilin @tymon007

Screenshot 2024-09-12 213728.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back