XLR Microphone and Shadowplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Heya,

I've recently upgraded my microphone for music production an AKG C1000S and I use a Focusrite Itrack Pro to use it via a USB cable. My problem is that the microphone only comes in via one track, the left ear and most programs get around this by forcing it to mono but programs like shadowplay require me to use VoiceMeeter to force the sound to mono as, unlike OBS, shadowplay does not have a force to mono feature itself.

It is not my microphone's quality as shown by this video but I am completely baffled by how I should make shadowplay's recording of better quality. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
bro just do what i did, i fucking wired the - & + cables of from my mics XLR cable to a 6.3MM cable's - & + wires. also wired up the bigger copper wires from both which i guess is to reduce noise but i still dont know. Works like a charm!
Then, i use a 6.3mm to 3.5 mm adapter.

Because i'm that bad at soldering you gotta fix the solder joints every 2 weeks because the slightest movement will break them but extra solder will just fix!
al ya got to do is increase the volume with 30db in windows due the extra resistance and voila! stereo input!

on a serious note its probably how your cable is wired and setup i suppose, xlr works in weird ways. you'd probably be better off with buying a 5-10$ stereo xlr - jack cable and adding an adapter or buying a xlr - jack cable with a 3.5 plug. There are harder to find and more expensive tough.

If you really dont want to buy it you can try opening the xlr cable to see how its wired,
generally its 'fake stereo'd ' so it will be on two channels and not just the left one. you can try adding a wire for this
7c5324b73f.png

21049abae3.png

if you wanna mcguyver your wires let me know so i can find my schematics i used to wire it up to a stereo jack since it originally was only mono for me too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.