“Raiding isn’t realistic roleplay” Why you’re technically wrong.

Reaction score
Lets be honest here: Perp in this state is nothing more then a cops and robbers server.

Getting blackscreend 5 times within a hour is more common then someone setting up a proper shop.

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I agree that the whole fighting and killing for drugs is realistic but it is still a bit of a stretch to call it roleplay.

It is difficult to get the balance right but as others have said, in real life if I went to rob another drug dealer and then ended up shooting them and 5 cops then there is 1% chance I’m getting out of that in anything other than cuffs or a body bag

Reaction score
sitting outside and holding does not involve 13 police officers staring at the door, dont take everything at face value and push to extremes.
You getting to try again is the result of what should be 3-4 officers holding the position, and other 5-6 officers shotgun+ pushing inside, again, ideally.
This is another basic strat that ideally police should use (scaling with numbers).
But if all other officers die and you still decide to push and die for example, just because you find it boring, that's just stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: Mim
Reaction score
@The HitMan

Gameplay wise in shootouts, maximizing how useful you are regardless of what equipment you have is something you should be doing if you're playing police (or civ). Your death from the m82 or two flankers coming behind the corner with ARs might not be avoidable, but the information you give out by dying or staying alive long enough to transmit information can do a lot.
If your teammates know you were holding PD side perimeter in a slums shootout, and we hear the M82 go off with your life alert, we can confidently say it was not from RC/Highway/Slums gas station. This gives a target area, even if sniper rotates, that we can pay attention to.

No matter how prepared you can be cops still lose due to TFU dying first

TFU officers are frontline, they will be the ones taking most casualties and soaking the bullets, while preferably dealing the same or more damage to criminals wielding ARs.

Cops will not always win, nor did I state so, but I do note that many steps can be taken by every member to highly increase the winrate of the org.

Reaction score
Though the intention isn’t to just pick the shortest route to victory! Some realism should always be retained and while it’s really hard to enforce it can be encouraged. Ideally the thought of the raiders should be in the best interests of their life and other “realistic actions”. However, the PD can also absolutely encourage anything but rushing and getting kills.

There’s no one solution to this problem, but I do think that SOME changes will be positive through encouraging more creative options. At the end of the day it really comes down to how each person wants to roleplay.

Reaction score
You can't really say that we die because we don't communicate... In almost every raid there are supercars driving over half of the police force, hopping out with an AK and just killing everyone. There is really nothing that cops we can do because we can't shoot at the car since it's driving fast and we have no idea if you have a weapon or not, meanwhile the driver can just kill at any time...
The problem is, it's always in the crims favour on perpheads however not in real life, we all know that if you barricade yourself and go outside to kill the cops, you will get fucked real good. Because most of the times criminals don't have military grade weapons, hand grenades fast supercars and a whole org ready to wipe a PD...

Reaction score
i mean perp is hella boring. Shootouts its the most fun and me as the Mega Roach, approaching a shootout unarmed or with a shit cheap weapon then just clean the floor up is big profit or just use the next gun on the ground and start shooting everything that breathes. Ez profit and ez shootout entered.

Reaction score
@The HitMan They did though?
f2d8xwD.png

Reaction score
is there really anything else to do though? sure, you can make passive RP shit but it gets boring fast when the majority of the server is sitting in a base growing drugs because it averages 20 people a day; it's something that's never going to change

Reaction score
It is dependent on what is meant with Roleplay. Perceiving raiding as roleplay is one thing, but actually implementing role-playing elements to it is also another way of Roleplay. It is part of the server, part of the game mode, part of the ''enjoyable'' experience in a Roleplaying server. But then again, it is only really that interesting and fun when you can win, and have a group that is possible to make these big raids.

Reaction score
"Additionally, people often drive straight through road barricades and threaten IA when stopped and arrested for inevitably carrying a firearm. I don’t blame cops for ignoring perimeters as they are literally the most awful thing to sit at and managers with every funny man in the city trying to run you over and shoot you."

Holy fuck finally someone understands, that is the most metagaming shit ever, they pull up to a barricade and try to kinda squeeze in and you stop them or cuff them and then they threaten some new officer to let them go or they will make an IA and obviously the officer is worried so they let them go and get shot in 5 seconds, people who do that shit are actual cunts, IA shouldn't be used as a threat to gain an advantage over an officer that is detaining you because you're SUS af. Had people even use OOC to threatened IA and report and then they came back and shot us, if I'd know back then I'd do something

Reaction score
I used to set up a coffee shop, and I planned on advertising it but kept leaving because it would be afking, or playing piano in the shop for hours on end and either have days where no one would come or I'd have people sometimes come in and be nice even some police officers, that left very generous tips but also had people run in, say something stupid then run out, or once I got followed into my shop like by someone touching my back, gunpointed and asked to lock the doors and then they mugged me, worst part is one of them is on the staff team like bruh discourages roleplay, if anyone can mug u if theres a bush in the way while you're trying to passive rp it really turns me off the server

Reaction score
I understand you completely, but that is RP. you cannot force anyone to RP in a certain way, and even the staff team can sometimes be described as a douchie way to ''roleplay''. After all, being an admin does not mean someone knows how to roleplay.

In the end, it is about hoping a person enjoys roleplay and likes to do it with you, rather than holding a gun, shooting or mugging you. Because these people that encourage roleplay are the ones you'd want to keep and befriend with. Those are the ones making this server interesting enough to spend your time on.

Reaction score
@blackdown TFU are already trained and encouraged to push as groups, this is better than ”training“ them to not push at all. Not pushing and holding a door whilst executing a search warrant should be last resort for TFU.

Reaction score
Unfortunately roleplay isn’t invalid if it doesnt go your way and there’s preventative measures you can take In character to prevent / minimise the risk of you getting robbed.