“Raiding isn’t realistic roleplay” Why you’re technically wrong.

Reaction score
i think you like curak also pushed it to extremes and took it at face value. TFU should be the one to push and take down the main force. Even in the example he's given there I've went in that hour through 5 waves of 3-4 TFU officers and 1-2 shotgun officers per wave push, who pushed together while I held the position with a sniper and fended off the flankers with 2-3 other officers, but sadly the main force that pushed lost while pushing. Raiders ultimately all died when they killed the last wave and tried to push the doorway.
Point is, at least to cover the answer about how PD loses mostly, ultimately not only aimed at those in gear but all supervisors commanding the scene, that resource management should be priority. You can't train people to have common sense, but if you want to win in shootouts you're gonna need to coordinate units and work with what you have. Resource management is also another reason PD loses, retreating and/or fortifying the position is sometimes a great move.

what he means by strategic I assume includes better resource management rather than full on committing to an assault if you start to lose heavily or get stopped in your tracks, which tends to happen quite often if you're pushing a narrow doorway. Ideal conditions of: c2 -> 3-4 second cook that blinds majority does not happen very often, and sometimes the 3-4 defenders simply end up halting the initial push completely, at which point you should either pull resources from outside or halt the assault while they respawn.

Reaction score
I hope you’re aware that you are not allowed to get involved with a shootout you’re not involved with in anyway... also please don’t grab guns mid shootout as it’s risking your life :)

Reaction score
Raiding is realistic? Yes I can remember the thousand times a multi-coloured suit-wearing group of 15 thugs bhopped through my front door and executed my family for not dropping their burgers.

Perp isn't realistic, it's designed that way. :yawn:

Reaction score
well if i know the person getting raided i just grab a gun myself then join the shootout then mid shootout if its safe to grab i then grab basicly upgrading the weapon to shoot with. I've done this so often that i became professional

Reaction score
Thats the reason why I put UV bulbs in my security lights IRL so bright Suited raiders in neon suits with matching thigh shorts glow for ez wallbangs.

It’s worth noting that I’m fully aware of the way raids work on perp just like a lot of things in the game mode obviously isn’t realistic on the grounds that this is garrys mod, however the principal of targeted assaults on the means of production by rivalling drugs operations and how viable of a threat it is to people’s drugs operations isn‘t far off of how gangs operate to eliminate competition IRL. Granted, here it’s significantly exaggerated for the purpose of “enjoyable“ gameplay and I wouldn’t want it any other way.