007's gender

Do you think the change of 007's gender is needed?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 33 89.2%

• Total voters

Piz

Reaction score
roger-moore_559_052417051747.jpg

What is your guys thoughts on 007 becoming a woman? Personally, I don't think it's suitable as the actual character's persona is a gentleman and has been like that in every bond movie. I hope that they use male actors in the future for the role & not just stick to only women henceforth, as that with the bond persona they adapt to in the film make it what it is. Although, all said the film will still be worth a watch hopefully.

Reaction score
007 has always been a bloke. Why change it? Remember what happened with ghostbusters?

Deleted member 4983

who cares really, shouldn't have called it 007 though, but if people don't like it then they're going to feel it financially :) .

Deleted member 5920

Who cares? Like it's not as if they said it's James Bond, it's just 007. It was hinted in Skyfall that he might retire and there would be a replacement. If you care that much just don't watch it, doesn't mean it's going to be a bad film because it is a female actor lmao

Deleted member 4983

yep, if you hate it then don't watch it simple as that, the revenues will tell if they should keep 007 a female or not.

Deleted member 1235

If she can act and play the part then why not. There's female spy movies out there. It's not like she's gonna start crying because she breaks a nail whilst shooting the bad guys.

She'll just seduce men instead of James bond seducing women. Also 007 is the agent, James is just the name. Only thing I'd want is for say it to become Jane Bond or something so the name sticks.

Deleted member 5920

@Jay_ That's not because of the female actor that is shit, it's the writing. Peter Capaldi was just a bad

Deleted member 4983

What's the point of the post then?
if this is not an analogy comparing a girl becoming 007
to a girl being born then your post literally has 0 relevance.