11.10 Fire Escapes

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: New

What law do you wish to change/add:

11.10 Fire Escapes

Any person who uses the fire escapes on apartment blocks without the reason being an emergency commits an offence. Emergencies include but are not limited to apartment fires. Furthermore, a fire escape may not be blocked off in any way. A clear path is needed in case of a fire. Anyone who blocks off or attempts to block off a fire escape commits an offence.

Infraction - liable to $1500 maximum fine.

Why should this change/addition be made: To avoid people using the fire escapes for no valid reason. Already today I've seen people fall off and die to the fire escapes.

What is the aim of this change/addition: To avoid unnessescary injury or death from fire exits.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is actually a great idea, if someone just set a fire to his apartment and you are just there blocking a possible escape route you are commiting an offence.

Reaction score
If you block a fire exit and it results in someones death, I'm sure that's manslaughter.

Reaction score
I think it should only be an offence if you obstruct it in any way, the fire escape being used as an entrance/exit isn't harmful unless it's obstructed as I said before, even if this law is put in place I'm more than sure people will still use it.

Reaction score
This law could be useful but at the same time people wouldn't like this law.
The reason for that is because its quicker to enter the apartment through the back and exit if you wanted to walk to the bank or something. I'd rather not have this law put in place but its not really my or others decision.

Reaction score
This law could be useful but at the same time people wouldn't like this law.
The reason for that is because its quicker to enter the apartment through the back and exit if you wanted to walk to the bank or something. I'd rather not have this law put in place but its not really my or others decision.

Its not a case of whether you like or dislike the law. With your logic if people dictated the laws to how they like i'm sure we'd have everyone walking around with weapons on their back and parking on the side of the road.

Like most of the other laws, this law is being attempted to be put in place to ensure the safety of the population, this one being targeted more at residents of apartments.

Reaction score
This law is a good idea however it would be hard to police due to how out the way the fire exits are, I guess it would be useful when people get caught using the fire exits to gain access to an apartment so they can raid it but besides that it would be something quite out the way to police. Secondly, the punishment of $1500 is quite a lot for someone who could just walk the fire exit and then turn around and go back down but I agree with the part about the blocking off of the fire exit, that could result in deaths so it would be a good way to prevent that crime.

This is a great idea!

+Support

Reaction score
Generally good law Both for roleplay and the map. It would get people back into owning regals and such as it is now left over simply because of how easy it is to break in. So not only good for the map but also gameplay.

Reaction score
This will be discussed by the legislative working group. I am also seeking staff opinions regarding how this would contribute to RP, please PM me if you have anything to say.