-

Reaction score
So like many of you lovely members out there know already, Luke was un-banned from the server a few days ago. His ban was NOT removed, but lowered to 3 months, with the reason gone.

LNfmUwC.jpg

Before this was edited, the ban was as so...
g4zLS1a.jpg

As we all know, he didn't make a public appeal like every other member is forced to do, meaning members were unable to give their opinion, which seems to me very unfair. Firstly, if a private appeal WAS made, are other members given the option to do this? If not, why not? Secondly, if no appeal was made, then why on earth was his ban lowered to 3 months, and the reason removed? I would like to think there is a good reason for this, however if not and it was a case of certain staff being biased, then it is extremely unfair to the whole community.

I am not calling out the staff team, saying they are being biased etc., I am simply making this thread to get other people's opinions on this (depending on why he was un-banned), and possibly some clarification as to why he was un-banned.

Thanks.

MattIs

With Sourcebans - The reason disappears when a player is unbanned at the moment or if the ban is changed.

Reaction score
unbiased.png

Why the actual fuck did they even bother with him?
Would they really bat an eye if an average community member had caused as much shit as Luke has?
I doubt it.

Reaction score
Tons of people make private appeals, have you not seen the large amount of people that get unbanned because they've spoke to and apologised to the admin and the person involved? That happens quite often.

Illuminati

Reaction score
hi i'm danny d and i have a right to know everything that happens in the community.

luke apologised and the initial issue has been resolved.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i got him unbanned.

EDIT: I'm really not joking... I did get him unbanned, he didn't apologise etc

Reaction score
One of the main reasons Luke got banned is because he abused his honorary member physgun that he received because he was head admin.
We can now look at Luke's ban record:
5 bans (including that one) and 3 warnings.
Now obviously most members of this community would not receive a permaban because of this record unless they did something really dumb. In this case the permaban was warranted by the fact that we (Bolli and I) specifically told Luke not to use the honorary physgun to enforce any rules (especially not against admins) and he decided to ignore that.

Now you might ask yourself why Luke got unbanned.
The ban states that no ban appeal is possible, but saying that doesn't really mean anything because a ban appeal is always possible.
Since Luke has been banned for a bit over 5 months now I felt that, after the conversation we had, in which he promised never to abuse his powers again the permaban wasn't necessary anymore.

The reason of the ban disappeared because I set the length of the ban to 3 months. I specifically did not remove the ban so the ban stays on his record. Unfortunately, as stated in the thread earlier, sourcebans removes the reason when you unban someone. Since I don't use sourcebans a lot I was not aware of that fact and I have since restored the reason as a comment.

Reaction score
Some stuff that proves we are not communist

Before you guys get your pitchforks out because the reason is not visible to all of you, we as staff can see comments on the Sourcebans record which contains the reason.

It is visible to staff members that might deal with Luke in the future so y'all can put back your pitchforks and torches.

Reaction score
I get your point with the fact that your ban got removed without anything on the forums but you must understand that it happens to some of us that we do have conversations over steam with the banned person and during this we can come to a conclusion that the person is the sorry for their actions and have understood their mistakes and that we feel that they should be unbanned.

P.S No knives will be bought to anyone except Alex