[$1M Reward] Mic in-game bug.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3902
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1. Open device manager and uninstall the headset driver in the sound sub-folder.
2. Unplug your headset.
3. Delete the Logitech folder in C:// Program files folder (may be labeled Program files x86).
*If you can't delete it then you have a process running in the background.
*Open up task manager and look at your processes. Close any Sound processes.
*One particular process seems to return within seconds so make sure when you end the process, have your folder up to delete.
4. Once you have the folder deleted, restart your computer and plug back in your headphones.

If that doesn't work right-click on the sound icon on the taskbar. Then go to recording devices. In the communications tab check the "do nothing" box

If this doesn't help you or you have trouble with it let me know.

Reaction score
I solved the same issue by doing these steps;

1. Uninstall Steam
  2. Download CCLeaner
  3. Make a registry clean-up then a general clean-up for 'dead' files, this will remove ALL registries and saved configs of Steam.
  4. Re-install Steam after the process
  5. After installing Garry's Mod again, add "-high" into startup command line

Hope it works.

Reaction score
Have you made sure that the cable is not connected well or it has some problems? For an example I have changed from speakers to my headset when having game opened and I have had to restart the game to get the headset working.

Reaction score
if you use a soundcard then it may not be directly linked to the GMOD sound, I get a similar issue with plays tv where my silly ASUS soundcard doesn't link source with playstv

Reaction score
Only on perp, you sure Fredy has not gagged you or something?

Go into your control panel and check your usb devices that or you might need a sound manager of some kind but everything else I believe has been suggested but I will troubleshoot on my end see if I can run into the problem and give you the steps I took.

Reaction score
Only on perp, you sure Fredy has not gagged you or something?

Go into your control panel and check your usb devices that or you might need a sound manager of some kind but everything else I believe has been suggested but I will troubleshoot on my end see if I can run into the problem and give you the steps I took.

Alright I suspected it was due to garrys mod please try the following command

Voice_enable 1

I will continue troubleshooting it this does not fix it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1488817730,1488815345][/DOUBLEPOST]
Alright I suspected it was due to garrys mod please try the following command

Voice_enable 1

I will continue troubleshooting it this does not fix it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fiimi-Spli...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P38Y924FFQ70TZRRW5ZE

I considered if you need seperate jacks for the sound and mic this was the closest I could get I could not find one that could take usb, however there are cables that should fit into this. No guarantees but Its all I got everything else has been suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.