[$1M Reward] Mic in-game bug.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3902
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had this same shit with a regular 3.5mm jack mic, for me the issue just dissapeared after a while. Do you have any programs which also use the mic or manage it or something like that?

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with USB headphones where as the wires were bending overtime it just made a dodgy connection so when it bent a certain way it would just stop working. Try doing a mic test and moving your wire around to see if that is the problem.

Reaction score
I had a problem like this, i literately just had to turn the sound up in windows settings for ages until it just randomly returned to normal. Somethings you can try that might help are just simply changing your audio levels in the windows settings.
Also, it sounds dumb but if there is a mute button on your headset check if its pressed, i've had a ton of times where i've just left it muted by accident, leaving my mic randomly cutting out and sounding muffled.

Something you could also try is simply going on perpheads with your headset on another PC, which will show you weather its your headset or PC, so you don't have to waste the money if you dont need too.

Also, have a fiddle with your Garry's Mod addons if you have not already, i've never seen anyone with problems like this related to Addons but they can do some weird shit sometimes. Try just deleting your addons folder and reinstalling them all, or just check in the file for conflictions.

Deleted member 4116

https://perpheads.com/threads/solved-microphone-doesnt-work-on-gmod-ect.23566/

I had the same problem, my mic was just working perfectly on Teamspeak, Skype ect. But not on GMOD.
If you use this cable try buying a new one and see if it fixes the issue. For me it did so.

IPhone-Head-Set-Breakout-Cable-3.5mm-TRRS-Dual-Stereo-Plugs.jpg

Reaction score
Right i had the exact same headset and i had mic issues too after a while, i found that my cables were getting tied up near the back of my pc and since the wires are thin and the material is shit they can tie together and knot, try making the cables straight so they don't do this and it might solve it.
Since this seems to be a problem with gmod i suspect theres no issue with your headset, try opening the Factory reset batch file in your gmod folder and it'll completely clear the game. Unsubcribe to all your workshop content, and make sure all binds and options are reset. I suspect either a addon is corrupting your game or you messed up your binds since you probably have a lot of them.

hope this helps

Reaction score
Why does nobody read the thread smh.

Goto audio devices(rightclick volume icon) click recording devices and then right click again in the white empty space. Click show imvisible devices and the other one.
You should now see stereomix. Enable it. Right click on it and goto the listen tab. Enable listening and select your headset. Confirm it all and MOST IMPORTANT make stereomix the main device AND communications device. Then set stereomix in steam. Open gmod and do a test.
Option 2:

Remove all drivers using a driver uninstaller. Reinstall your graphica drivers and then try to use the headset with no audio drivers whatsoever. Plugging in the g35 should see it and Enable sound.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.