211-A RoE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
PRE-FACE:

Hello, I have a question I'd like to ask and I know it's better suited for an F6 in game but unfortunately I am banned at the moment so I made this to remedy any chance that I may forget to ask this ingame in the future.

My question is from the perspective of an officer. This is just a question, I waive any right to report or complain about anybody's actions just in case I get accused of "stirring" or "trying to get somebody in trouble," because this post is just to understand the rules better for me as well as others during the absence of a 2.5 guide.

QUESTION:

What are the rules of engagement in bank raids, I was told before by a trustworthy source that it is a KOS between cops and the robbers shown on the warrant list regardless of anything UNLESS they are clearly surrendering with their hands up. Another credible source told me differently which is to only shoot if a gun is on their back or in hand?

EXAMPLE:

Please remember, I waived my right in this post to report or complain about anybody I refer to as an example. My only goal is ensure my current understanding of the rules is in line with what staff and PD Command expect.

Solution
Cant watch the vid on hotel wifi so I might not say anything relevant to the video.

Someone on the scene of a crime you are aware is armed with a firearm and involved violently in said crime can be shot if apprehension isn’t possible. This is, of course, only if there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that they are armed.

I will cite examples:

IA complaint from a long time ago involved a bank raider who had shot at police and put their concealed SMG away for about a minute. An officer who witnessed him have the gun out on an earlier occasion and shoot police shot them down from a distance. Complaint was exonerated as the officer was aware they had shot and killed officers.

I handled a report where an individual was shot down by...
Reaction score
It's like anything within the PLPD you have to be cautious who you shoot, in a general sense, if they are pointing a firearm at you, or other officers/civillians it's typically permitted under use of force to down them, my reccomendation would be to always try and look for a gun raised before you shoot, if they don't have it raised/on there back, I would attempt to get close and tell them to drop it, if they try and point it they will get shot.

Reaction score
Cant watch the vid on hotel wifi so I might not say anything relevant to the video.

Someone on the scene of a crime you are aware is armed with a firearm and involved violently in said crime can be shot if apprehension isn’t possible. This is, of course, only if there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that they are armed.

I will cite examples:

IA complaint from a long time ago involved a bank raider who had shot at police and put their concealed SMG away for about a minute. An officer who witnessed him have the gun out on an earlier occasion and shoot police shot them down from a distance. Complaint was exonerated as the officer was aware they had shot and killed officers.

I handled a report where an individual was shot down by a TFU sniper whilst not visibly armed. However the TFO proved that the individual was seen by him shooting police with an MP9. The report was dropped entirely.

Obviously the shooting of a visibly unarmed suspect being valid is exclusive to high risk situations where other methods of apprehension are impossible or difficult without immense risk to life where you have confirmable knowledge that the suspect you are shooting down has killed or shot towards individuals unlawfully and this level of UoF should only come into play upon officer or civilian casualties being present.

Tl;dr: unless you’ve seen a gun or someone credible has called them out as an armed suspect who has shot police you have no lawful reason to shoot them down.

I discussed with @Sean earlier in the hear about having an RoE sheet determining in detail what level of force should be used dependant on the situation. it was undecided by us if we should include this in the Use of force on the handbook or limit it to the TFU handbook.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.