Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 3.4

Your version of the rule:
Players must at all times act realistically, meaning that any actions taken that may put a player’s In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment and/or general wellbeing at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion, for realistically good/beneficial reasons and in such a way that can be justified as reasonable.

Risks are deemed to be unreasonable when it can’t be appropriately and effectively justified; for example, if a player was to rob the bank and fail, leading to their death, that player would be expected to demonstrate to an administrator that they had a realistic and reasonable plan and/or mind-set to succeed.

This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically; for example, if a player kills another player, which results in the former’s death and/or imprisonment, it will mean that the player has failed and unless they can effectively and appropriately demonstrate/prove that they had a realistic and reasonable plan to succeed, an appropriate punishment will be enacted.

A common example would be for a player to murder a Police Officer in order to avoid receiving a traffic ticket; this would likely result in the enactment of an administrative punishment because this specific example is deemed to be inappropriate - this is because the risk (death/life-imprisonment) involved with the murder of a Police Officer is grossly disproportionate to the benefit of avoiding a traffic ticket, typically.

Another common example would be for a player to violate traffic laws without a good/reasonable reason.

When it comes to gunpoint, a player should at all times listen to the person gunpointing and do everything in their power to stay alive (3.6), exceptions can be made, as an example. A man is pointing a weapon at you, you have yours in passive stance, you can proceed with pulling your weapon up as yours is already in your hand, ready to be raised to protect yourself, according to law 5.2. When it comes to assault rifles and shotguns, a player may not raise his weapon as the user would have no realistic escape if being gunpointed.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: (Be extensive and descriptive)

This can be changed in any way, i am terrible at writing descriptive rules. It's up to the staff to make it understandable, however I've had issues with gunpointing, the reason I want to change this rule is due to the fact, once i was an officer, walking up regals staircase with my weapon in my hand, ready to be raised. There was a man on top, with his weapon in his hand, in attack stance attempting to raid/help his friends [Law 8.5] He gunpointed me, but due to the fact i had my weapon in my hand already, i thought it would be OK if i raised it since it's kinda unrealistic to put it back in my weapon slide. I'd rather defend myself as officer than be killed because of 3.4 preventing me from protecting myself. The criminal would break 3.4 if he let me go, so i was doomed to die anyway. He had an illegal item, which could be used as evidence to arrest him for misuse of firearms. He aimed it at a supervisor too, and because of that he would be arrested no matter what.

[I received a warning for this rule because i was trying to defend myself, even though i had my weapon in my hand, passive stance. The criminal would break 3.4 if he let me go, i would be doomed to die if i didn't defend myself, he clearly had an escape plan, exit regals, run to suburbs and drive off with his friends and hide (Attempted to break out his friends so they wouldn't be arrested as they were involved in a shootout)]

What i am saying here is, i would break 3.4 if i didn't defend myself as he WAS going to shoot me no matter what, he had no time to tie me up as the police inside regal 4 were ready to break out and gun him down. Any user that isn't officer and still has a weapon in their hand, ready to be raised can raise it to protect them selves [5.2] However a player may never pull out a weapon under gunpoint, only when you have it in your hand.

Reaction score
I'm afraid the rule extension is poorly written, as it will lead to a bunch of ban requests if someone runs from gunpoint when it is obvious they will be killed or can escape, in my opinion, it's really just not needed. The rule as is seems to be good enough for me.

-Support

Reaction score
Your addition didn't really add anything to the rule, it just specified and exemplified some things that have already been established. If someone's gun is in passive stance and you think they're going to harm you and you believe that an action you are capable of taking will prevent that without causing harm to you of course you're going to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.